Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Funday!

Why is it the end of the weekend again??  I had such a busy week at work last week, and probably will have another busy week this week.  Don't I wish this was a 3 day weekend!  I did get all my workouts in though.  I feel like my muscle building progress is so slow.  But at least I'm seeing some improvements in the mirror.  The past few months of my mini "bulking" session has definitely helped with adding a little more definition, but I've also added some fat, particularly in the stomach area.  I knew going in that this was going to be the case, but it still annoys me.  My coach says this is a very common thing when you are trying to add muscle since fat gain is inevitable, so I cannot try to lose it by eating less because that would defeat the goal.  Sigh... so I've decided that the only thing to do at this point is to push even harder at the gym!  Now my goal is to push until I'm about to cry... lol!  Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration.  But I really need to maximize the time that I spend there!  I've been adding to the weights I use for my squats and deadlifts.  It has made my butt very sore this week!

Before I forgoet - fun fact this week:  I met Michael Bloomberg on Monday!  He came to my work.  Not to meet me of course.  I actually don't know why he came.  Perhaps he's interested in investing money with my firm.  But anyway, being the true politician that he is, he walked around my whole floor with our CEO and shook hands with everyone.  I think there's over 100 people on the trading desk and he literally shook hands with everyone!  The guy is worth like 37 billion.  Definitely the richest guy I've ever shaken hands with lol.  If it wasn't at work with everyone watching, I would have asked him to take a selfie with me!

I did realize another fun fact this week: I tend to wear the same color combos to the gym and to work on the same day!  I usually pack my work clothes the night before, and then the next morning I put on a gym outfit that is not pre-planned.  But somehow, I keep gravitating towards the same color schemes for both outfits!  I guess that's the unconscious mind doing its work!  Examples below.

Monday 9/29
What I did:  Weights, lower body.

What I wore:  Lululemon cool racerback in wee are from space cadet blue, with Lorna Jane Sunrise bra under.  Lululemon Wunder Under crop in black camo, and Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 shoes in hyper cobalt/bright mango.







This work outfit is not really an example of same color combo as gym outfit, but I'm glad I wore my Theory outfit to meet Bloomberg lol - Theory Brindan PC Amola blouse and Theory Golda 2 skirt in charcoal with Vince Camuto Dacoma pump in hurricane gray pearl.


I love the print of this blouse, I think it's so soft and pretty!  Too bad silk wrinkles so easily.  I took these pictures after sitting around in this outfit all day at work.  As you can see, the area where my arm bends is super wrinkly.



Tuesday 9/30
What I did:  Shoulder & Tri, then 30 minutes on the gauntlet.








Ok, so this is an example of the work outfit being almost identical to the gym outfit!  I didn't realize it until I was getting dressed after my shower.  I wore my new Gabrielle Rossi buckle front cross over cashmere sweater, with Express Wide Waistband editor pant and Donald J Pliner Pausha pumps.  This sweater is super comfy and cute!  I loved it.



Wednesday 10/1 - Rest day

Thursday 10/2
What I did:  Glute/Back/Bi workout.

What I wore:  I took the Beyond Yoga racerback tank I got from their latest sample sale to the tailor to put in an elastic on the hem.  It was too long and flowy on the bottom for my liking.  Now I like it much better!  So I wore it with my Lululemon Inspire Crop in savasana camo fatigue green, and Nike Free 3.0s in gray/crimson.







I wore olive green to work too!  Craig Taylor It's All About Olive shirt, with Ann Taylor icicle tweed pencil skirt and army green Donald J Pliner Pausha pumps again.



Friday 10/3
What I did:  Lower body day again.

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Inspire tank with Lorna Jane Somersault bra under.  Lululemon Power Vinyasa crop and Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in hyper cobalt/bright mango.




I wore my Gabrielle Rossi One Button Cashmere blazer as to and from because I also wore it to work.




Saturday 10/4 - Rest day

Sunday 10/5
What I did:  Upper body supersets, then 60 minute spin class.





And that's the end of my week!  Off to do some Sunday night grocery shopping now.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...