Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ann Taylor Warehouse Sale Order!

I ordered a bunch of stuff last week from Ann Taylor during their online warehouse sale.  I got 2 blouses, 3 pencil skirts, 1 pair of pants, and a sweater for under $200 total!  I have been pretty happy with their pencil skirts I got a few months back, and wear them to work often.  I think their quality is actually quite good given the price point.  Express often has similarly priced pencil skirts, but the quality does not compare to Ann Taylor's.  I love my Theory skirts, but they cost way more so Ann Taylor is very good value!

The pants I got are the slouchy fit that is very popular lately.  I like the relaxed look of the style but hadn't taken the plunge until now because I was unsure of how they would fit me.  My bf says the style should be called "poop catcher" lol.  But I told him I'd get the non MC Hammer style.  Since these Drapey Pants were only $19 during the sale, have tons of good reviews, and not a dropped crotch, I gave them a shot!






So I think I kind of like these pants!  The silhouette is different from what I'm used to, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  I got size XS based on the reviews I read.  They come in regular, tall and petite lengths.  I got regular.  They are a lot longer on me than on the model above.  Maybe I could have gotten away with petite since the description states they are 2 inches shorter which might have been perfect.  Here they are on me, I had to kind of scrunch them up a little.  I think the pant style goes well with my new shoes!  


The waist is elastic, and there's faux leather detail on the pocket pleats:



The back has pockets too, so these pants look dressier than slouchy gym pants.  Maybe I can even wear these pants to work if I gather up enough courage.



They still kind of give you a butt:


So the hem on the bottom is actually not that stretchy.  I guess they stay up better that way:




The material is actually quite polyestery.  They drape well, but I don't think they breathe that well.  Who cares though, for $19 bucks.  This is a trendy piece anyway, which will probably not have a long shelf life.  Here's a close up of the material:



The blouse I'm wearing with the pants is one of two that I got.  I actually got two different colors of the same blouse - Faux Leather Trim Crepe blouse.  I got it in winter white and ink haze, which is a dark navy.  I love faux leather detailing.  Very happy that this is the current trend so I can collect many different things with it.  This blouse only cost me $17 during the sale!







I got both in size S.  I'm so happy I went with S instead of XS.  I hate it when blouses are tight fitting so I wanted to be safe.  S is actually quite perfect, I think XS would have been too small.  I love this blouse in both colors.  Yay!


So there are two hidden buttons.  I guess you could get away with leaving one unbuttoned, but definitely not both.  I think it looks good with both buttoned though.




The leather trim is pretty subtle:



Faux leather cuffs too.  I love white tops with black cuffs.  My cuffs always get dirty from me resting my wrists on the desk all day at work.  White usually turns into off-white after a while, and it doesn't wash off!  Black is highly appreciated.




Here's the ink haze.  I don't have any navy blouses yet, and I love it:





As for the pencil skirts, I am pretty happy with all 3 that I got, although 2 are way more similar than I thought.  The first one is pretty chic, it's the Coated Zip Skirt:




I got this skirt in size 0, same as my other Ann Taylor skirts.  




Closer look of the material and contrasting panel:




So I had worried that the zipper would go through all the way, and become accidentally unzipped lol.  But it actually ends about 1/3 of the way down.  The rest of the way down is just a fake zipper.  It makes me feel more secure!  This is the furthest it goes down:


There's also a button at the top you can use to close for extra security:



The next skirt I got is the Corded Lace Pencil skirt, in black.  It also has faux leather detailing.  I like the mix of leather and lace on this skirt.




Got size 0 as well.  I think Ann Taylor skirts are cut a bit wider at the hips for me.  So they give illusion of a curvier figure.  I'd prefer a closer fit to the hips, but a size down would make the waist too tight.  




I think this skirt looks very nice for the price, which was like $35 after the discount:


I also appreciate that the slit is not too high on the back.  I saw a girl at my work wearing a skirt with super high back slit the other day.  When she got up from her chair, I could almost see her butt crack.  How terrifying.  Maybe that's how she got her boyfriend who works in her group lol.


The last skirt I got turned out to be super similar to the one above.  It is the Lace Pencil Skirt in dark sky, which is a very very dark navy.  It's almost black.  I had thought it would have been lighter.  So now I feel like I got 2 of the same skirt.  Oh well.  This one was final sale.




Again, size 0 in this skirt too.  I wore it here with the navy top to bring out the blue tone from the skirt lol:



So the style is very similar to the black one as well.  Except it has an elastic waist instead of faux leather.





Same back slit - I just haven't cut the stitching on this yet:



Here's the black one on top and blue one below it - they really look pretty much the same even when next to each other:



The last item I got is an ugly sweater which is soooo getting returned.  Winter Stripe Pullover.  Gosh I hope this one was not final sale lol.  It doesn't say so on the receipt so I'm hopeful.  It's SO ugly.  Nothing like these pictures on the model:



I got size XS, and it is still so boxy.  It's also very very thick, and scratchy.  When I bought it, there were no reviews online.  But now I see some reviews went up echoing my thoughts.  I laughed when I put it on:






I don't know what happened there.  That was definitely a fail.

But I think I did pretty well with this order!  I'm happy with 6 out of 7 things.  So the odds are in my favor.  The best part is that I can wear many of these pieces regularly for both work and casually.  Once I get the ugly sweater out of my sight, I'll be even happier lol.




Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Ann Taylor for work clothes too. Nothing fits me better. I sign up for their emails but didn't know about the warehouse sale. Can I ask how you found out??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually sent an email but it was very vague - it said something like "this has never happened before". Didn't mention anything about the sale in the actual email, so you had to click on the link. They also posted on their facebook page which I saw on my newsfeed. I actually shared the link on my blog facepage too. =P

      The stuff I bought are still on sale though! For the past few days they've had 40% off on top of sale price, and today they started doing 50% off entire purchase for both full price and sale items. So you can still get pretty good prices. =)

      Delete
    2. Oops - my facebook page, not facepage lol. Haven't had coffee this morning yet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...