Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cute Bella Luxx Dress!

I ordered more stuff from Gilt.  First, I got this Bella Luxx silk jersey dress that is adorable.  It was also a steal!  Gilt had it priced at $39, but they were giving 30% off for dresses.  Shipping is always free on Gilt if you pay with a Mastercard, so I got it for $27 shipped!



I love Bella Luxx, they are the same company that makes the workout clothing brand Alo, as well as Bella.  Bella Luxx is their higher end lifestyle line.  I have a top I got from their sample sale last year that I wear allllll the time.  I also love the white maxi dress I have, which I didn't wear for a long time simply because it was too long for me.  I ended up cutting it myself lol.  It worked out really well because the hem was unfinished style anyway, and I can finally wear it now!



So the new dress I got is kind of similar blouson style to the white dress.  But it's shorter obviously, and the back is more open.  It's the same super soft and comfortable material though (90% micro modal and 10% silk shell; 95% rayon and 5% spandex lining).  I also got it in the same size, which is S.  I'm pretty damn happy with it, especially for the price.





I also got this Ella Moss Buckle Front cardigan.  I had such high hopes for this one that I didn't even care it was $139!  It looks so cute on the model and I love the faux leather detail on the arms.  I'm kind of a sucker for leather detailing.  I thought it was a versatile style I could wear with anything.




Well, it just does not look good on me.  I got it in size XS, and it's still so big.  It's also way chunkier than I thought it was going to be which won't get much use where I live.  I also didn't know that it had a somewhat batwing style sleeves which I am not a fan of.  So, sadly it's getting returned.  



The back looks horribly big:



I really don't like this batwing, or dolman, or whatever you call it sleeve style.  It doesn't look good in my opinion, and it's uncomfortable to have a seam in the middle of the bicep, and it prevents full range of motion.  


I do like the buckle style.  Like I said, it had so much potential!



Oh well, best to save my pennies for something I love.  It's just a risk of online shopping - some things turn out to be totally different from what you expect!






Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. That belladonna luxx dress looks good on you and the price is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of bra to you wear with that beautiful black low back dress?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...