Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Lulu Crops! Dhanurasana Crop & Power Vinyasa Crop

I bought new Lulu crops - yay!  So I returned the white denim Embrace Crop because I just didn't like the 2 different white colors on the bottom of the crops.  And also I hate how the waist fits me, making me look like I have major love handles.  Ugh.  So I bought the white denim Dhanurasana Crop instead, making sure that the waistband is made of the same white denim luon material.  It's more compressing than regular luon, so it does a good job of sucking you in.  I like how the waist fits waaaay better on these crops.  But I am not too crazy about the key hole detail at the bottom.  It looks a bit unfinished to me.



I am wearing the majestic cool racerback with them, which is a dark purple kind of similar to concord.  They look nice together.  I don't like how the bottom of the crops kind of bunches though.  But I think I like them enough to at least keep them around for a while and see.  I just really wanted some white tights for summer.  It also breaks up my normal routine of black, black, black, coal, coal, coal.

I bought them in size 6 because once again I wanted them to fit looser since they are white.  I think they fit looser in the legs than the Embrace crops in the same size from what I remember.  But I think size 6 in these still works for me.

Here are the model shots from Lulu:




I also bought the Power Vinyasa crop in black because they are so pretty.  The main web photos from Lulu doesn't really show the details that well so I took a bunch of pictures of them on me.

These are the only 2 web shots I found that somewhat show the jacquard mesh details:




I think the details are very pretty on these crops.  The mesh goes all the way up the leg on the back!  But from the front, it's kind of hard to tell they are different from regular luon crops.



But you can see the details better in the back:



And then if you look at it under the light or up close, it's way more obvious!

Sorry for the butt shot!  These could be a little too sexy for working out huh?





It's hard to take pictures of the back through a mirror with the iphone, so bear with me!

Here's the view on the inner right leg... pretty risque! 



These also have 2 huge pockets on the sides.  I don't really know why since they are supposed to be for yoga and I don't usually need to put stuff in my pockets while doing yoga.  But it's nice, I guess.  You can't really tell it's there unless you knew.



See, I can put my whole entire hand and wrist in there!



So it's definitely big enough to fit your wallet, iphone and keys all at the same time while doing your downward facing dog lol.

I really like these crops.  The waist fits like Wunder Grooves so it's high, comfortable and will stay up.    I got them in the same size as my Wunder Grooves too - size 4.  I was too chicken to order them in concord grape, but I think I will go to the store and look at the concord ones in person.  I may like them.  But the only thing is, black will go with a lot more than concord.  But it is a little boring to have all these black crops!  So, decisions decisions!

Hmm... now I am thinking these crops will look good in white too, if they come out with it!

19 comments:

  1. Me too i prefer the white denim Dhanurasana Crop!
    The Power Vinyasa crop in black is very sexy and beautiful crop! It's also comfortable to wear than the ebb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I wouldn't say they are more comfortable than the e&f crops. The upper portion are luon and feels just like other luon bottoms from Lululemon. The mesh part feels a bit more stiff/scratchy. Not as smooth or soft as luon. But not uncomfortable either.

      Delete
  2. If you look up the yoga pose dhanurasana maybe you'll understand the keyholes better. :)
    I got the same 2 crops, but both in black. Love your lulu reviews- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because the bow pose looks like a keyhole? I still don't get it. LOL

      Delete
    2. You could put your fingers through the holes instead of around your ankles?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting the "risque" photos..mine look the same and I was worried they were too small or something but I think they fit like they are supposed to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are supposed to look like those patterned stockings that are so popular now...

      Delete
  4. I love the Power Vinyasa crops on you. Definitely super cute. I might have to get a pair now. I was definitely skeptical before. Question... I'm considering buying my first pair of studio pants and I can't decide which color! What would be a good one to start with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably suggest a darker color. My first pair was coal and I still love it to pieces! It goes with pretty much everything and they are not too black like black. Lol. I think you prob won't go wrong with coal or indigo. I love the concord ones but I think you will wear darker colors more esp for matching purposes. I also like my white ones but they are lined so they could be too warm to wear depending on the season and where you live.

      Delete
  5. I, too, was skeptical about the Power Vinyasa and white denim in general, BUT after seeing your fabulous pics, they are MUST-HAVE's!! Just placed order!! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! They are fun/different to have. Did you get black too?

      Delete
    2. Funny you asked about black - I thought black looked kind of blah from the web photos while grape is the prettiest, but it might be too out there, that's why I hesitated. But after seeing your photos, I think black is just perfect! So yes - I ordered exactly the same colors in both!

      Now I need a vote - would like to buy the Studio crops next... between indigo and grape, which is your more favored one in this style? Thanks, my expert! : )

      Delete
    3. Haha you are funny. Well, I have the concord dance studio crops so I'm kind of biased. I think both are pretty and indigo would probably go with more colors. But I just love them in concord!

      We can be pant twins. =D

      Delete
  6. Those look great on you!! I really like those white denim crops better than the previous ones. I think they stop in the perfect place, right under the knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like that about these crops too. I'm pretty sure I will be keeping them. White goes with everything in the summer - so cute!

      Delete
  7. First of all, great blog. Second, I love the power vinyasa crop so much I bought all 3 colors! If you are skeptical, you must go try these on. I found the seams and the mesh placement to be really flattering. I had ordered the Concord online, and I was skeptical. When they arrived, I was so happy. Then my store received them, and I thought the black would be hit or miss, and they looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe you made stunning solution when you selected this topic of this article over here. Do you usually create your articles on your own or you work with a business partner or even an assistant?

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's no need to apologize the pants look lovely on you nice booty shot.You look sexy in Lululemon.What do you of the sheer recall issue?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...