Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Funday!

Happy Sunday again everyone!  I spent the whole weekend cleaning the house!  It's pretty nice now and I finally feel like the new year has begun!  Growing up, we'd always clean the house up and down right before new years, symbolizing a fresh and clean start.  I have been so busy lately so I let last year's dirt sit around for an additional 2 weeks!  Lol!  I think having a dirty and messy space really brings you down mentally.  Looking at a clean and organized space just makes me feel good.  I used to be really neat but lately I've grown messier!  Not sure if that's a good sign.  One of my friends from college lived with me when we first moved to LA right after graduating.  I was annoyed that she was so messy and she'd complain that no one should have to live in an Ikea showroom.  I guess I've become less OCD since then!

I'm also very very sore today, because my trainer changed my workouts to big circuits.  For months, I've been doing 5 days of weights.  Mostly straight sets to try to build/retain muscle while moderately dieting.  Sometimes he'd throw in some supersets.  But now my workouts have become only 4 days a week... except circuits are really tough!  You know you are working hard when your sweat is dripping into your eyes from doing weights.  This happened to me during deadlifts and I had to keep my eyes closed for the remainder of it.. hahaha!  The only annoying part about circuits is that when the gym is crowded, like right after new years, people keep taking up the machines you need!

Monday 1/6
What I did:  My check in was on Wednesday, so I kept doing my old workouts on Monday and Tuesday.  So leg day was Monday, and I did my 30 minutes of cardio after.

What I wore:  Lululemon cool racerback in power purple, with faded zap free to be bra under.  Inspire crops in deep zinfandel, and Nike Frees Bionics in purple.  Yep, all purpled out!!


Beach Runner jacket as to and from - it is one of my favorites!  Glad it wasn't in SoCal stores so I haven't seen anyone else with it lol.



I wore my new shoes to work on Monday!  Ella Moss Evelyn wedge pumps, with Express Slub Knit Two Pocket shirt and Express welt pocket pencil skirt in firecracker that are too big for me now but I refuse to let go!  At least it's not big enough to fall off my hips yet.  I love the color!



Tuesday 1/7
What I did:  Shoulder & tri workout, then cardio!


 

I think this bra looks good with every tank.  So glad I bought it!






Wednesday 1/8 - Rest day since I got my new workout and I didn't want to start it until Friday/Saturday.  Two days of rest was nice!  I wore my new Express sweater to work though.  The marled v-neck sweater, with wide waistband Editor pants and Vince Camuto Dacoma pumps.


Thursday 1/9 
What I did:  Rest day but I went to pilates mat class.  It was boring and didn't do anything for me.  No wonder I hadn't taken it in months.  But I did do a 30 minute cardio session beforehand so it wasn't a total waste of time.

What I wore:  Lululemon Hot Class tank in bold blue with Lululemon Snap It Up Crop in gray pique.  I didn't realize that my Nike Free violet was a perfect match to bold blue lol.  


My new favorite jacket and best purchase ever as to and from - Splits59 colorblock jacket!


Friday 1/10
What I did:  This was the day I started my circuit.  It's basically a whole body workout consisting of like 4 sets of 10 different exercises.  Then cardio!

What I wore:  HKNB Vision tank with the new Beyond Yoga Stripe Hyper Long Legging (worn as crops) and black Nike Free Bionics.  I love these leggings, but they are lower rise so they slip a little here and there when I'm jumping around.  Not bad at all though.  I love how they look!  Too bad the pattern doesn't really show in this pic because it was pretty late when I got home and completely dark.  :(


Ninja look as to and from - Lululemon Run Brisk in black... love this one!




Saturday 1/11
What I did:  My second circuit.  It was actually a long one!  Took me about an hour 15 minutes to finish.  

What I wore:  Splits59 Ashby tanks - granita layered over nude, with Lululemon Pace Crop and black Nike Free Bionics again.


Splits59 Pose FX racerback pullover in black that I just received as to and from:


I'm crazy about this pullover.. hehe:



Sunday 1/12
What I did:  Rest day, I just did my stadium stairs workout for 20 minutes.  

What I wore:  Alo Sport Zen layer back tank with Lululemon Run Ultra short (super old, like pre-blog days old) and Reebok Crossfit Forging Elite shoes.  I think I like these shoes the best of all my shoes for jumping/running up and down stairs.


I like that the back of this tank shows off the waistband of whatever bottoms I wear!


I like the waistband of these shorts - it's called silver manifesto.  And on a side note, those elusive ab muscles have appeared a little finally!  I don't think it's because of the new workout since I only started 2 days ago so it's probably just a culmination of everything despite the little treats during the holiday months.  Seriously, who are these people that get instant muscle definition as soon as they stop drinking soda or something (I hate them).  It seems to be extremely hard for me.  I know a lot of it has to do with genetics, so maybe mine just sucks for it and I have to work harder to get them!  No instant success story here lol.  Hopefully this means more will be coming later since I'm a water half full kinda person (or a delusion idiot, we'll see).  :)




Well... for now, progress is progress!  Have a good night everyone!  




Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of your blog. I love all the pictures of your workout clothes. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning for the new year sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of getting rid of last year's dirt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...