Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Funday!

Yay for the long weekend!  Tomorrow is Martin Luther King's day and I have it off work.  I am so glad for the extra day off, because I've been working some pretty long hours ever since the new year started!  For some reason I've been put on all these important and interesting initiatives at work, even though I've only been there for two months.  I feel like this job is actually turning out to be better than I thought.  It was a little slow at first, and I was getting a bit worried.  But since things have been picking up, my role seems to be getting a lot of visibility.  I've also learned a lot more in the past month than I did at my old job.  I'm now even more glad I left that job!  What a difference.  It was like I was working at a sweatshop and didn't even know it.  I feel bad for people who still work there lol.

This week I got a very interesting device for my Invisalign treatment.  It's called "Acceledent".  It's basically a little device that looks like a USB drive with a mouth piece connected to it.  You are supposed to wear it everyday for 20 minutes while it shakes.  Lol.  So the shaking accelerates the movement of your teeth.  As a result, you get to wear each tray like 5 days instead of 2 weeks.  Of course that means the length of the treatment is shortened drastically, which is a big deal.  It means I'd be done by April instead of late this year.  I decided to go for it, even though this little thing set me back 1G.  I do think it works though.  Usually when I switch to a new tray, my teeth are pretty sore the first few days.  The Acceledent for sure speeds up the process so that my teeth are fitting pretty well much sooner than before.  Pretty cool!  I'm looking forward to being done sooon!  So if you are thinking about Invisalign treatment, just know that this exists and is an option for you to discuss with your dentist!

Ok, anyway, time for the outfits!  I finished Get Glutes month 14 this week.  I will be taking the next couple weeks off of the regular weight training routine and take some classes that I normally don't have time to take.  I have been feeling a little burnt out lately from the weight sessions, so it's a good time to switch gears for a bit.  

Monday 1/11 - Rest

Tuesday 1/12
What I did:  Strength #1, followed by 20 minutes on the gauntlet.

What I wore:
Top:  Etsy skull kettlebell tank
Shoes:  Nike Free 3.0










And here's my work outfit from the same day - I was happy to discover that one of my new blouses matches an existing skirt perfectly!
Shoes:  Casadei Almond Toe Pump in patent navy





Wednesday 1/13
What I did:  Strength #2.

What I wore:
Top:  Splits59 Sabrina Tank
 in teal/navy/fire
Bottom:  Splits59 Nova Capri Tight in navy
Shoes:  Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in venom green





To and From:  Alo Yoga Rift LS





And here's my work outfit from the same day:
Top:  Tory Burch Crepe Tie Neck Top in lyon vertical






I was proud of myself for making a tie knot, though only single windsor lol:



Thursday 1/14 - Rest

Friday 1/15
What I did:  Strength #3, followed by 20 minutes on the gauntlet.

What I wore:
Top:  Lululemon Yogi Cutoff Tee
 in cayman stripe
Bottom:  Lululemon Inspire Crop in deep zinfandel
Shoes:  Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in venom purple





To and From:  Lululemon Snug Sprint Jacket in heathered slate/dream rose





And now that I have casual Fridays, this is what I wore to work:
Shoes:  Casadei Lace Pump - love the look of these shoes so much, but they are damn uncomfortable!  Lol.





Saturday 1/16 - Rest

Sunday 1/17
What I did:  Strength #4, followed by 45 minutes on the treadmill.

What I wore:
Top:  Lululemon Swiftly Tank
 in heathered plum
Bra:  Lululemon Free To Be in power purple
Bottom:  Athleta Chaturanga Capri in purple plaid
Shoes:  Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in ash





To and From:  Alo Yoga Mirage LS





And that's it from me this week!  I'm looking forward to changing it up a bit for the next couple weeks.  But need to plan some kind of schedule so I'll actually go to the gym without wandering around aimlessly lol.  Have a good long weekend if you also have tomorrow off work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...