Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Theory Jacket & Pants!

I went to Nordstrom Rack when I was in between jobs, since all I did was shop the whole time lol.  I normally hate shopping at stores like these, because it's just so much effort to look through everything.  But since I didn't have to work, I could go during the week when it's less busy.  I also went to the store by Beverly Hills, which has more high end brands than most other Nordstrom Racks, and is better organized.  So I ended up buying a lot of stuff!  

First, I was super excited to find the Theory Gabe B 2 Urban Blazer in charcoal that matches my Theory Golda 2 skirt!  I had bought the Gabe blazer and Golda skirt in black last year.  I love the skirt so I got it in charcoal some time later.  I had meant to eventually get the matching jacket in charcoal, but kind of forgot about it and then it was sold out.  Well... I found it at Nordstrom Rack! They had only a couple and one happened to be in my size (2)!  It was discounted to $180.  When I got the skirt last year, I had gotten it on sale for $135.  So that means the whole suit only cost me $315.  That's not bad at all for a Theory suit!  I actually have worn my black suit quite a few times.  For work as well as for interviews to get my new job lol.  So I'm happy to have another suit in charcoal.  Anyway... here is the jacket paired with my skirt... yay!





I think this jacket looks good open too:



Fabric close up:





I also got the Theory Brinton Virtuous Wool Blend Pant for $109.  Saks also has it on sale for $124 in more sizes.  They are just black pants, but they fit really nice and they are also a perfect match to my existing black Gabe blazer!  I just got the black Editor pant from Express, but I think I can have 2 pairs of black pants for work, especially one that makes a suit with my jacket.  The Theory pants have a very different fabric from the Express ones - they don't feel nearly as thick.  So they look and feel more flowy.

I got them in size 2.  They are super long though!  Definitely need to get them hemmed.  But here they are in the current un-hemmed state:







Now I have 3 suits!  Lol.  Good to have a pant suit.



My new job's dress code is business casual, but I think it's always good to have some more professional attire.  I heard this saying a long time ago that goes "dress for the job you want, not the job you have".  It definitely rings true in my field - perception is very important!  




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new job! The first outfit is really great. Did a recruiter contact you, or did your new company know you were on the market?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually had first talked to my new company more than a year ago, and turned down their offer back then (long story). But I had kept in touch with some people there, and it worked out this time. =)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new job and wardrobe! (Don't forget to unstitch the back vent on your new Theory jacket. I forget this sometimes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I probably have done the same before! Thanks for the reminder! =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...