Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Funday!

I got back in LA mid week, and San Francisco seems to be a very distant memory already!  Funny how that happens.  I miss my suite at the Ritz Carlton though lol.  I think my new life goal is to live there permanently.

I got back to this horribly hot spell we're having - it was mid 90s all week!  I took this picture when I was waiting at a stop light yesterday at 1 pm - 93 degrees... no joke!!!  Also means no "to and from" pictures this week... gosh I can't even imagine wearing a jacket right now lol.



So I continued my "bulking" phase this week.  I think that's funny.  I'm not actually "bulking".  I'm just eating a little more (like 300 more calories a day) and lifting heavier so I can add more muscle.  But not eating enough to really gain weight, since I'm not that hardcore and wouldn't want to end up being unable to fit into my clothes... what a tragedy that would be.  

I think I'm still getting used to eating more, and my last weekend in San Francisco threw me off the track a bit.  So I haven't really been able to figure out whether this is working for me or not.  I did try to be good after I got back into town though, so I just need a few more "normal" weeks to really gage where I'm at.

I was still working out at the Ritz Carlton gym on Monday and Tuesday, which doesn't have the best spot for selfies!  Oh well.

Monday 4/28
What I did:  I tried to do my leg workout.  It's hard to do that at a hotel gym without squat rack.  They do have various leg press machines, so I tried to make due.  But I also forgot to bring my workout gloves, which made me realize how weak my hands really are without them.  Then I did my 30 minute treadmill cardio.

Oh, I am also super sad to say that I had lost one of my versa gripps this week... those grips help me SO much, especially during exercises like deadlifts.  I seriously can't go to the gym without them.  I'm annoyed that I lost them and hence had to shell out another $52 for another pair.  I just hope they get here soon!

What I wore:  Lorna Jane Sunrise tank, with Lululemon Mod Moves crop, and the only pair of workout shoes I brought to SF with me - the printed Nike Free 3.0s.  I get so many compliments on these shoes every time I wear them!


After I worked out, the day's activities consisted of going to Golden Gate park and exploring the botanical garden and things like that.  It was a really nice and sunny day!  I might have been dressed too warm for it.  But I can't say enough about how much I love love LOVE (!!!) my Nike Epic Crew shirt!  They sold out on Nordstrom and Nike.com super fast, but a lovely reader left me a comment saying they are on sale at Dillards!  I already ordered two more... if you are on the fence, they are on sale for $44 which is a great price!

Anyway, I wore it with Beyond Yoga Hyper Stripe legging, Aqua Skull & Studs scarf, and Ash Orchid boot.  I love that all I brought to SF with me were workout clothes lol.  



Tuesday 4/29
What I did:  Shoulder & triceps!  Then 30 minutes of cardio again.



Here's a close up of the tank over the bra - I like it that the print of the bra shows through in a subtle way!  Jacquard mesh is so pretty.  Lululemon should bring it back.


Wednesday 4/30
What I did:  I got back to LA so back to my own gym!  I did my glute/back/bi workout, which is super tough.  Then I did 30 minutes of the gauntlet which is pure death.  Haha!

What I wore:  Splits59 Ashby tanks, nude over white, Lululemon free to be bra in very green under it.  Lululemon wunder under crops in wee are from space fatigue green (I think this might be my all time favorite!) and I continued wearing these Nike shoes!  They've stretched out a bit and don't pinch my feet anymore.  Yay!


Thursday 5/1 - Rest day!  It was the first (and one of only two) days I went back to work this week.  So this is what I wore - Calvin Klein two-tone knit surplus dress.  I love this dress, because it's made of very comfortable sweatshirt-like material.  But the style looks nice and professional.  I wore my green suede Gucci wedge sandals that I bought years ago.  I love that I can still wear them!


Friday 5/2
What I did:  Legs!!  Oh squat rack, how I've missed you.



I like that the back of this tank doesn't cover the cool "baseball" effect of the pants!  Hehe.


Saturday 5/3
What I did:  I did my last weight workout of the week, which was upper body supersets.  Then I did 20 minutes of the gauntlet instead of my usual 30.  It was so hot and I think I was kind of dehydrated or something.  But 20 minutes into my cardio, I felt so sick like I was going to fall off the machine and pass out.  So I stopped.  I felt fine after a little bit of rest.  Not sure what happened there!

What I wore:  Splits59 Ashby tank, the granita one over the courage one.  Lorna Jane Clover bra under it.  New Ivivva Rhythmic Space Dye crop that I just got and love!  In zing pink light/power purple/jet set blue.  Same Nike shoes again!



Sunday 5/4
What I did:  Pilates class!  Hadn't been in a while since I've been out of town every weekend.  It was a tough class!  

What I wore:  Splits59 Serena embroidered tank in yucca (I've been wearing a lot of Splits59 sample sale tanks this week lol), over Lululemon free to be bra in faded zap.  Beyond Yoga Gathered Legging in dusk, and I wore the Zigi Kickin wedge sneakers as to and from.



After pilates, I dug out something from my closet that I haven't worn in a long time - this old old old Express lace back tank, like... at least 8 years old!  I got it for like 10 bucks back in the day on sale.  It's actually quite nice!  I feel like I went shopping again lol.  I wore it with G by Guess Calla Lily Linen pant, and Gucci wedge sandals.


I actually love the back of this tank, the upper half is all lace:



By the way, with tanks like this, I wear this awesome bra by Victoria's Secret called Fabulous Multi-Way.  It's the best strapless bra I've ever had!  It stays in place super nicely - my experience with strapless bras in the past has been that I'd have to pull them up from time to time.  But this one just stays put!  I actually don't like to wear it as much with straps, because I think where the straps attach to the bra is made really cheaply and the straps can fall out pretty easily.  But it is really a fabulous strapless bra.  Plus, the entire back straps are covered with lace and it's very pretty (I have the ivory/black lace trim one).  So if you are in the market for one, I'd recommend trying one on!



Hope you all had a great weekend!





Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. 9th sounds ridiculously hot...it was 44F when I went to the gym this morning in Chicago.

    Too bad about the versa grips. I hate when I lose equipment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...