Thursday, May 8, 2014

Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody Leo Bag!

This is kind of a funny story:  When I went to Bloomingdale's a couple weeks ago, I got two awesome bags for great prices - the Coach Madison bag and the Kate Spade Carson cross body.  I meant to get them for my mom and grandma (respectively) as Mother's Day presents.  But then I thought... I really like this Kate Spade bag, let me just keep it for myself and get my grandma a different bag later since Mother's Day was still a couple weeks away!  So I actually took the Kate Spade bag with me to San Francisco and started using it right away.  My grandma saw it, and told me she had been looking for a cross body bag kind of like that, but my mom took her shopping to a bunch of different places and they didn't find anything similar.  Ahhh!!  I felt really bad.  But then she said it was probably too big for her (she's tiny!).  So, I secretly resolved to get her a different and smaller one for Mother's Day as a surprise.

You know, there are so many small-ish crossbody type of bags.  But it is actually quite hard to find one that felt right.  I saw many that could have worked, but they were either too boring, or maybe too trendy for an 83 year old.  But when I saw the Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody Leo bag in mexi flower multi print, I just thought it would be perfect!









I like this bag because the size is perfect for her (7.5"L x 2"W x 5.5"H; 22" strap drop), and it's mostly black on the front with some pop of a fun and colorful print peeking out underneath!  I just think someone my grandma's age should not have a very dark accessory.  Something that is brighter is more cheerful!  But it's not too loud to the point where she won't be able to use it without drawing a lot of attention.  

I do think it looks a bit on the trendy side, but still fine for her!  I hope she likes it!

It is made of saffiano leather, which is a treatment that makes the leather very hard, durable and scratch-resistant.  That's definitely a plus because I'd want it to last her a long time.  I actually thought when I was looking at the pictures that the print part would be made of canvas or some other type of fabric.  But it is all leather!  That was a nice surprise.

Here are some photos of the one I got for her.  Of course each one is slightly different since the pattern placement can't be exactly identical on each piece.  I actually got 3 of these bags... lol!  So I could pick the best one.  Actually now that I have them, I'm keeping one for myself too!  Hehe!





Back



Dust bag is inside, and it is in the same print as the inside of the flap:



 The shoulder strap can be adjusted to make it sit higher or lower:

 


The only thing I am kind of wishing this bag had is the option to remove the straps and use it like a clutch.  The saffiano leather makes it a very structured bag, and it would be a cute little clutch that can stand up!  It probably works better the way it is for my grandma though.  But for me, I'd use the removable strap option.

Oh well, I can still hide the straps inside the bag and use it as a clutch if I want:



So this bag is now on sale from $225 to $157.  Bloomingdale's sent me a 25% off coupon and I was able to use that and get it for even cheaper.  I think I'm beginning to like Bloomingdales better than Nordstrom lol.  That's pretty good value for this bag.  So I don't mind buying two of them!  The best kind of gift is one that you can enjoy yourself too!  =P  But seriously, if you are on the fence, I do recommend this bag!  It's great as a gift or to use for yourself.





Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. I love Bloomies! We had them on the a East coast where I grew up. Now living in the PNW, I don't have one any more, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Split59 is have a flash 30% off sale today! I bought Ashby tank in green, Pose pullover in bleached yellow, Ginger tights in black. Thank you for your earlier reviews on these piece - can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I got the email too! I love the Ashby tank... could definitely use like 20 more lol!

      Delete
  3. I have a totally OT question about Splits59. I was interested in the Pose sweatshirt and I saw you got it in an S. I'm always an S/6 at lulu... does that mean you'd recommend an M in the Pose? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on what kind of fit you want. I have Splits pullovers in both S and XS, and they both fit. But I prefer the slouchier fit for this type of pullover rather than tight. So I like how the S fits better than XS.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I like the looser fit in that pullover too :)

      Delete
  4. You can always tuck the straps inside the bag to use as a clutch-- i love it, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out loud when you said your poor grandmom saw your purse and really wanted one like it. Looks like you totally made up for it though! This purse is gorgeous and I think perfect for someone her age. Nice color and good size. Nice choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I don't mean I laughed bad- just that I have done something so similar and kept something I intended for someone else. Never fails to make you feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I was like... oops!!! She LOVES this one though, so all good haha! =D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...