Saturday, May 31, 2014

Lululemon Satya Tank & Ivivva Rhythmic Crop!

I bought the Lululemon Satya Tank when it was marked down earlier this week online.  I actually really liked the look of this tank when it first came out.  But I wanted to try it on in store so I didn't buy online.  Then of course I never made it to the store to try it on.  So when the heathered medium grey/soot color went on mark down, I thought I'd take a shot at it based on pretty good reviews, even though I would have preferred the cadet ombre version.



This is the cadet ombre version - maybe I like it better because it is on my favorite Lulu model lol:



Most of the not-so-positive part of the online reviews of this tank say that it shows a lot of cleavage.  Well, I don't really have that problem to worry about since I'm like a B cup lol.  So I bought it in my regular size 4.  When I took it out of the packaging and was trying to put it on though, the chest opening felt tight/not very stretchy and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to put it on at all!  But I wrestled with the tank and prevailed!  Once it is on, the bra band feels the same as other tanks in the same size.  So I think it's because cotton tanks (Practice Cotton, same as the Live Natural crop) are just not as stretchy as luon, making it harder to get your arms through.  I always found the old Lululemon organic cotton tanks to be troublesome putting on as well.  The chest does show some cleavage, but I don't think there's any danger of falling out.  The strap could be a tiny bit shorter though.  I can see how this tank wouldn't work on bigger chested ladies.

Once I got it on, I loved it!  I actually like the look of this tank a lot better in person than online.  I think it's because the online pictures show a more stark contrast between the fading of the colors, and the darker outside portion looks wider than the tank I received.  I just love mine, whereas I was kind of unsure about it from looking at the photos online.  The material is so nice too.  It is almost a little velvety.  It is thicker though, so definitely not a cardio tank - I would wear it to do weights and yoga/pilates.  I am now glad that I got this vertical ombre version - the darker outside is super slimming visually!  Although I still think the horizontal cadet ombre version would be cute as well!



Super slimming from the side too!


I think it takes away at least an inch of your circumference?  Lol.


I like the back design of this tank.  The logo is the dark charcoal one:


The inner bra band is super bright!  Antidote?  I don't know.  But I thought it was cute that they made the bra band an ombre as well:



I'm glad that tank worked out!  I was worried that I'd be out $40 bucks and couldn't return it.

I also received the latest Ivivva Rhythmic crop today too!  The color is called sunset stripe flash light/toothpaste/flash light.  I thought it was an interesting look when I first saw it on Wednesday, but wasn't 100% sure I'd like it.  I was afraid maybe it looked too young??


 



I ordered it anyway, obviously.  Same size as the other space dye Rhythmic Crops I have - size 12.  It looks SO much brighter in person than the photos online!  I kind of love them even though they look like a bright popsicle.  The horizontal stripes for some reason looks rather flattering.  I actually really like the fit of Ivivva Rhythmic crops as well - they are super comfy and the length is good for me since they are a couple inches shorter than Lululemon crops.  The waistband is not as thick as Lulu crops, but it still works.  As I've said before, the price just cannot be beat!  $48 is such a good deal!

So this is how bright they are in person!  I'm wearing the aquamarine Waterbound singlet with them, which is very close to the toothpaste color that's in the stripes!










The only thing I'm kind of struggling with is what colored tops to wear with them.  I think white might be the best, but that definitely limits how many tops I can wear with them.  What do you guys think??





Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. You look great in that top! And I like how it's good as casual wear too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally agree - I almost wore it casually yesterday with a skirt!

      Delete
  2. If you ever get buyer's remorse over those Ivivva leggings (or trying to make room for new pretty things), I will off your HAPPILY take those off your hands if you ever decide to resell them. I wanted those so bad but missed them during my move this past week. Booo Lulu/Ivivva and their scarcity model. I have 5 Lululemons in my DC area but the closet Ivivva is like almost an hour away in the middle of nowhere and it is just a showroom.

    :( I now feel the pain of others who have no really close local Lulus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww they are sold out online in larger sizes huh? I just checked. :( I'll definitely let you know if I decide to sell them!

      Delete
  3. I bought the Ivivva CRB equivalent in that same pattern, love it! It looks great with a toothpaste colored Run Chase Me skirt I have but hardly worn because I didn't have much that went with it. I also wear it with any of a myriad of black lulu bottoms I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that top too! How does it fit compared to Lulu's? It looks like the neckline might be higher? How's the length? Do you also wear 12 for Lulu 4 and 14 for Lulu 6?

      Yeah, black looks nice with the pattern. But I only have a few black tops so that really limits my options. I think blue might also work with them. I just want to avoid looking too bright lol.

      Delete
  4. Just measured my size 14 Ivivva CRB equivalent against my size 4 Wee Space Cadet CRB. I bought the 14 because I wasn't sure if the size 12 would accommodate my chest (32D). It is 2" shorter than a CRB (which works for me because I am short and need to get CRB's hemmed). The Ivivva has a higher neck (5 1/2" from back of yoke of neck to front scoop), the CRB is 7". This again works for me because I am short. The armholes are also higher on the Ivivva tank (by about an inch) than the CRB. The fabric is a little more forgiving than the CRB, but is the same fabric content as the CRB (92% nylon and 8% Lycra). I am really pleased with this top and would totally order more when they come out in patterns/colors I like. I'm 5' tall and 104 lbs. I hope this helps! So far I've really lucked out with my Ivivva purchases. I only had to give away one final sale jacket to my 13 year old niece, and I've only returned two things. I am lucky that there is a store at my local mall in Bellevue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much for the detailed measurements!! Very helpful! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...