Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Back from New York! Part 1

Hi everyone!  Sorry I missed Sunday Funday.  I was coming back from spending the week in New York, and my flight was delayed for hours due to lightning!  I had nice weather the whole time in New York, so I can't complain too much about that I guess.  But as a result, I didn't get home till like 1 am and had to be up for work at 6ish.  So I was kind of wrecked yesterday... Not fun!

New York was awesome though!  I had so much good food!  In fact, I'm surprised I only gained like one pound from the whole trip.  I meant to workout while in NYC, but I really didn't have time.  Also, my hotel's gym was going through renovations so even though they gave us access to an Equinox gym down the street (and I am an all club member of Equinox anyways lol) it was just not as convenient.  There's so much to do in the city and so little time!  But I did walk a lot everyday so that was definitely a different type of workout for me lol.  I swear I walked like 10 miles everyday.  Good Lord.

One of the most exciting things for me is that I get to add the Starbucks "You Are Here" mug from New York to my collection!  I now have 8 mugs from different places and I really like these!  I have the Amsterdam one which is the only one they make in Europe in this collection.  Lake Tahoe was the best present ever from my bf (trip + mug).  And I've got the one from the very first Starbucks location at Pike Place in Seattle!   =D



I ended up getting pretty good last minute hotel rate at Cassa Hotel in midtown area of New York, and it turned out to be a really good choice!  Great location and cute little hotel.  Pretty decent size for NYC too.


And it has a full length mirror!  Important for taking pictures of my outfits lol.



So I think that in order to avoid this post being the longest post ever, I will break it out into two parts.  I will post my outfit pictures in this one, and I will share my restaurant finds and other things to do in NYC in the next post.

Since I flew out on Tuesday morning, I did get one weight session in on Monday before leaving town.  I actually had a feeling that I probably wouldn't get much workout time in in NY, so I combined exercises from all 4 of my weekly workouts, rather than sticking to just the first one.  So at least there's that!  =P

I wore my Splits Sprint V Back tank with Lululemon Free To Be Wild bra in dottie dash under.  Lorna Jane Charger tight, and Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 shoes in hyper cobalt/bright mango.









So packing for New York was kind of a challenge for me because the weather forecast stated that it was going to be hot with occasional t-storms.  It barely rained when I was there though, so I kind of got lucky.  But anyway, I didn't want to overpack and I find the best way to conserve space in the luggage is to start with shoes.  I figured that for 6 days, it was reasonable to have 2 pairs of walking shoes and 2 pairs of heels.  Then I built my outfits based on those shoes.  

I brought the Easy Spirit Hajari Sandals which I knew were going to be comfortable walking sandals since I wore them on my trip to Greece and Turkey a few years back.  Even though they are not the best looking sandals, they do go with pretty much any outfit since they are white.  Then I brought my Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 shoes in ash, which served both as walking shoes and shoes to workout in if I chose to do so.  Then I brought my Sam Edelman Mallory nude pumps, and Vince Camuto Jiris black cage sandals as my "going out shoes" since they are both some of my most comfortable heels.  Their colors and style also go with everything.

To conserve space, I bought thin tanks and shorts/skirts.  Only 2 lightweight jackets and 3 thin long sleeve tops.  I also brought some workout tanks and bras, which could double up as actual workout outfits, or I could wear them while walking around in the heat all day.  I thought this ended up being a good decision.

I will start with my "day" outfits first.

I wore this on one of the first couple days there - Lululemon If You're Lucky tank with Free To Be Wild bra in star crushed silver fox deep navy under it.  Express reversible denim mini skirt, and Easy Spirit sandals.  I loved this outfit because it was super hot that day so the top kept me cool.  The bra was very comfortable, and the bra/tank combo didn't look too much like a workout outfit!  =P





On the next day, I wore the Jack by BB Dakota Jaminson Mesh Stripe Jersey Tank with Lorna Jane Somersault bra under it.  Diesel Faccyo short, and Nike shoes.  Sorry for the messy bed in the background... lol!





On one of my last days there, I wore the Umano Pocket Art tank with Abercrombie Neve shorts, and Easy Spirit sandals again.






It was actually a little cooler that day, so I wore my Caslon Open Stitch Yarn Marled Sweater over it for some parts of the day:



As for night time, I went for lightweight dresses that I could pack easily as well.  And I really only brought the C Luce Moto Jacket since it adds the right amount of dressiness to any outfit.

So on the second night out, I wore my Bella Luxx Silk Jersey Dress with the C Luce jacket over, and Sam Edelman shoes.  Ignore bf on the bed... lol!




You really just can't go wrong with black:



The restaurant we went to dinner on the 3rd night there was probably the fanciest of all the ones we went to.  So I decided to dress up a bit and wore my DvF Davina Dress.  Sam Edelman shoes again since they are nude.



On one of my last nights there, I wore the Maggie Ward Skin Knit Back Top with Splits59 Ashby tank in nude under it.  Express Diagonal Striped Knit Mini Skirt, and Vince Camuto Jiris sandals.  C Luce jacket over.






I'm pretty proud of how I packed, since I only brought like 2 things that I didn't wear at all!  That's really good for me lol.  Everything fit in my carry on so that saved me a lot of time at the airport as well.  My outfits turned out to be what I needed, and I don't think I looked too much like a tourist!  That's mission accomplished!  =D

More to come later on NY, but bye for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...