Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday Funday!

What a week!  I was SO busy at work with a big presentation I had to do on Thursday.  So I was working day and night preparing beforehand.  It went well - what a relieve!  I really was sick of work by Friday though lol.  So the weekend was welcome.  But it's so uncomfortably hot here nowadays that it's hard to be outside.  I went to the Getty museum today and became super dehydrated, my body feels like it's on fire even now.  Also, there are even more fires around here now since it's been so ridiculously hot.  Though today the air is a lot more clear than yesterday.  Yesterday afternoon, the whole sky here was a grayish orange color.  Today, I could see so much smoke rising out of the area that is on fire from the Getty, it was crazy!  I took a picture (it looks much more obvious in person):



Anyway... The Dunhuang Cave Temple exhibit is at the Getty and it was the most crowded I've ever seen that place.  These caves were pretty cool, though of course they are replicas since it's not really possible to move caves (duh lol).  But even the replicas look pretty impressive and I have no idea how they moved them from China to the US either.  Apparently, this is the first time they have ever traveled to the US as well.  They are life-sized caves and there are 3 of them.  So you spend more time in line than it takes to see the caves, but still worth seeing I think.  There is a separate exhibition hall where they have a 3D movie of another cave, and then a bunch of artwork and scrolls from the caves too.  I took some pictures inside the caves so you can see what kind of intricate work there were:







Pretty cool right?!  Now I want to go there in person!

Ok, anyways, to get back on track now, I had a much better workout week this week than the last few weeks.  I was able to make it 3 times which feels like a big accomplishment lately lol.  I still wanted to take it easy even though I've recovered like 95% from being sick.  So I am pretty happy with 3 times!

Monday 7/18 - Well, rest day first, so here's my work outfit:




And here's my casual dinner outfit from the same day:
Jacket:  Banana Republic Trench Dress (worn as a jacket!)





Tuesday 7/19
What I did:  I left off after Strength #1 last week so I started with #2.  Then I did about 20 minutes on the treadmill.

What I wore:
Top:  Titika Topaz Tank
Bra:  Lululemon Free To Be Wild in capoiera multi
Bottom:  Lululemon Wunder Under Pant in giant houndstooth dip dye






To and From:  Lululemon Be Present Jacket in coco pique




Wednesday 7/20
What I did:  Strength #3, followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill.

What I wore:  
Bottom:  Lululemon Tight Stuff Tight in wine berry/ bon bon
Shoes:  Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 in ash





To and From:  Lululemon Just Breathe LS in parfait pink





Thursday 7/21 - Rest day, since I had to be up at 5 to be at work for my big presentation.  This presentation was for like hundreds of people from our offices throughout the world, particularly the London and New York offices.  Time difference is a bitch.  This is what I wore (not a video conference but still important for the LA folks haha):






Friday 7/22
What I did:  Strength #4.

What I wore: 
Bra:  Lululemon Centered Energy in flash
Bottom:  Beyond Yoga Gathered Legging in dusk
Shoes:  Nike Free 3.0 in gray/crimson





To and From:  Alo Yoga Mirage LS





Saturday 7/23 - Rest.  My mom came in town and we went to dinner.  Here's what I wore:
Shoes:  Rag & Bone Margot Bootie (happy to say these work with dresses/skirts/shorts as well as pants!)





Sunday 7/24 - Rest day again since we went to the Getty all day.  Here's my outfit:





And that's it for the week!  I really need to go and try to cool down now.  It seems that no amount of AC is going to stop me from burning up lol.  Hope you had a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...