Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Burberry Embossed Check London Leather Belt & Andrea Carrano Antigua Sandals

I had been eying this Burberry Embossed Check belt forever, and finally decided to just get it when it went on super sale on Ruelala last week.  This exact belt retails for $375 and is still on the Burberry website at full price.  Ruelala had it for $119 which is almost 70% off!  The sale is actually on Ruelala right now, but ends in 13 hours!  I've also seen the same belt for $299 on Gilt, but in black.  So I think the Ruelala price is super.



It arrived in a little plastic bag like this:


Inside the plastic bag is the dust bag:


And the belt itself:



My initial reaction was that it was skinnier than I expected.  It is supposed to be 1 inch wide.  But for some reason I thought it was going to look a little wider in real life.  So it looks more "delicate" than I thought lol.  Here it is in relation to my hand:



So the color I got is tan, and the size is UK 80 (US 32).  I initially thought it might be too long.  But it was the smallest size they had, and I figure it's always better to be a little longer than shorter.  When I tried it on though, I found that it's actually not too long at all.  It could even be a size up I think!  Since most of my pants are not high rise, the belt would sit somewhere around the hips, so I really should not go with my actual waist size.  Glad smaller sizes were sold out when I got it.  Otherwise I would have gotten a smaller one and it would not fit.  That would have been $120 down the drain since it's final sale.  Right now I wear this around my hips at the last hole lol.  



As you'd expect from a $375 retail price belt, the quality is very solid, and I absolutely love the embossed check look.  Only good things to say about that here:


If I gain weight, I'll just have more holes added towards the end of the belt as there is still a lot of room:



It is 100% calf leather inside and out.  I'm so done with cheap belts which you use for a couple days and the outer skin rips to reveal some cheap material underneath.  I've had my share of cheap belts, so I figure it was time for get something of better quality that would actually last.  I think this one will do the trick.




In the same order from Ruelala, I also got some casual sandals.  They are the Andrea Carrano Antigue sandals.  I've been wanting some casual slip-on kind of sandals to wear around when I run errands.  My neighborhood is very walkable, and I'm always walking out to get food or coffee.  I usually wear flats or flip flops.  But I really hate being short, especially since my bf is a foot taller than me.  I think we look creepy together when I don't have heels on... lol!  So I decided to get these sandals as an alternative.







I'm pretty happy with these as well!  I got them in my regular EU size 36, and they are true to size and pretty comfortable.  I can't believe they retail for $225 though.  That seems pretty steep.  I can see that they are very soft leather and made in Italy and all.  But still!  I got them for only $65 on Ruelala though, which is not bad at all.  They are perfect for the purpose I bought them for.

Here they are on me with an actual outfit - though I did not wear them to work since they are so casual.  But you get the idea.




 Pretty successful order!  Will definitely be using both a lot.  =)




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.
    leather belt pouch

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...