Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sunday Funday!

Today's post is going to be a bit different, since I only made it to the gym once this week!  I don't know what I was thinking last week when I thought I'd be able to go straight into week 14 of Get Glutes.  I didn't pause to think that I had 4 holiday parties to go to, AND my bf's birthday.  So my routine each day of the week was: work all day, rush home, hair/makeup/get dressed, head out to party till late, come home super late and go to bed, then get up and do it all over again.  Every single day.  Let's just say partying is not good for your health and I am glad I don't do it often lol.  The only workout I squeezed in was actually on Tuesday at lunch time for a pilates class.  And the only reason I even went was because I couldn't get up early enough in the morning to shower so I needed to use it at the gym before going to my party that night... LOL!  I also couldn't make it to the gym this weekend since we celebrated my bf's birthday and we went all over the place.

BUT, even though I only had done a pilates class this week, I discovered something amazing.  So I mentioned a few weeks ago that I now have an ergonomic desk and have started standing as much as possible while at work.  In the beginning it was so painful.  My core was not strong enough for me to stand all day without hurting my lower back!  Now that I've had a few weeks practice, I'm still not able to stand all day without break.  But I've noticed that my posture has gotten better and I now stand with my stomach tucked in so I'm engaging my core muscles all day long.  I didn't know how big of a difference it really made until I went to pilates.  I normally can't complete what the instructor asks when it comes to core exercises.  I'd need to take little breaks in the middle of the exercises.  It just burns so bad!  But this time, even with a very tough instructor, I was able to cruise through it all!  Everything felt much easier, and I noticed that I could do the core exercises better than most of the regulars.  That's a huge difference!  I really can't even believe it.  To think that I just sat there all those years and let my core muscles degenerate... even with my constant exercise, my core was much weaker than it should have been.  That's a scary thought!

So while that is all very encouraging, I do hope I will get back into my regular weights routine at the gym next week.  But knowing it's Christmas week, my gym may have funky hours again so let's see what happens.  I'm also just so tired still from the whole week of partying and not sleeping enough.  It really takes a toll on your body when you don't take care of it.

Anyway, so I don't really have any workout outfits this week.  But I do have my party/work outfits.  Hahaha.  Here we go!

Monday 12/14 - My department had a party at the Magic Castle, which is a members only venue in Hollywood.  You can eat, drink, and watch magic shows.  The magicians are really good!  Even watching them up close, you have NO idea how they do what they do.

What I wore:
Top:  Tadashi Shoji Lace Sheath Dress
Shoes:  Sam Edelman Novato Slingback








Tuesday 12/15 - I went to my friend's company holiday party at Eveleigh in West Hollywood.  It was great because they opened up their entire cocktail menu!  I probably had a few too many lol.  Great food too.

What I wore:
Shoes:  New!  Christian Louboutin Lady Peep.  Will post about these babies later.





Wednesday 12/16 - This was my company's party.  I actually went right from work with everybody else.  So nobody really dressed up for it.  A lot of good food and drinks again.  My bf's birthday is on 12/17, so after I got home from the party, we stayed up until like 2 am, went to the beach and drank a bottle of champagne lol.

What I wore:
Top:  Express button down (old)
Shoes:  Vince Camuto Dacoma Pump for a pop of color





Thursday 12/17 - My bf's company party.  They are way fancier than mine.  Last year they had 2 bands, Sublime and Bastille (I posted a mini video back then!).  Sublime was awesome!  This year they had the Plain White Ts, which was really... not good.  Lol.  

What I wore:
Top:  Helmut Lang Sonar Wool Twist Knot Dress
 in charcoal
Shoes:  Christian Louboutin Griff Cutout Pump for pop of color!





To and From:  Vince Leather Scuba Jacket in off white



Friday 12/18 - I think we both passed out at like 5 pm lol.

Saturday 12/19 - We went to brunch and then had to run some errands before going to dinner to celebrate bf's birthday at Mastro's in Beverly Hills.  

What I Wore to Brunch:
Jacket:  Vince Crepe Vest
Shoes:  Tory Burch Sarava in red gate - These boots get a lot of compliments everywhere I go!





What I Wore to Dinner:
Shoes:  New Louboutins again that I will write about later





Mastro's was a disappointment though.  My $55 steak was overcooked and my $36 prawn from South Africa was hard and flavorless.  My black truffle gnocchi didn't taste any different from regular gnocchi.  I felt like I threw $450 down the drain after paying the bill lol.  So then my bf felt compelled to say something about how ridiculous it was that we paid $72 for two prawns that tasted like crap, and they took them off the bill.  Still ridiculously expensive for mediocre food.  Never again!

This was my "medium rare" steak lol:



Sunday 12/20 - I think we were back in the food Gods' good graces today!  We went to South Coast in OC to find some shoes for the bf that are apparently unavailable anywhere in LA.  So we walked up to Din Tai Fung to put our name in and were fully prepared for the 2+ hour wait while we shopped around.  However, right in the middle of telling the hostess our phone number (there was a line to even get to this hostess), a manager came out and told us to follow him, and we were seated right away!  What!!  That was the weirdest thing ever.  I guess he just needed a party of 2 to fill whatever open table he had.  And instead of calling whoever was next on the wait list, he picked us!  I really thought it was because we had such a bad experience the night before, that the food Gods were like: you deserve this!  Hahaha.

What I Wore:
Scarf:  My awesome handmade pashmina scarf that was a present from my bf when he went to India





Ok, now I am ready to watch the Home Land season finale!  If I haven't been so busy the last couple weeks, I would have gone to watch The Big Short, since I saw Ryan Gosling and Steve Carell come in to my previous employer to research for their roles in this movie.  Now that I no longer work there nor care about what people there think of me, I wish I had asked them for a selfie lol.  

Anyway, hope you all had a great week and did lots of shopping!  I have one last party to go to next week and then hopefully everything will go back to normal!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...