Friday, November 27, 2015

What I Got From Black Friday Sales!

Maybe the title of this post is a little misleading, since I bought A LOT of stuff yesterday from the Black Friday deals online!  I didn't even plan to shop at all, but then I started drinking and the wine made me buy more and more... lol!  But of course I haven't gotten anything I bought online yesterday yet.  However, I did send my bf to the Tory Burch store for me today to look for a couple items that are sold out online (he works really close to the store).  If you haven't seen it already, Tory Burch is having a pretty good sale right now both online and in stores.  It's 30% off of everything, including sales price!  There are 2 items I've been drooling over for the past month or so which is basically this whole outfit:



I first fell in love with the Sarava Boots when I walked by their store front.  The color on the picture the model is wearing is "red gate" and it is sold out on the US site already.  But you can still check them out at the EU site here.  I think it's gorgeous and unique!  I also love the braid detail around the ankles.


I really considered getting them at the original price of $750.  But now they have gone on sale for $525 and with the 30% off, they are only $367 which is a looooot more reasonable than $750!  I didn't have high hopes that they would still be available in the stores in my size, so yesterday I bought them online in the "glabra brown" color at Bloomingdales on sale for $525 as well.  Bloomingdales had additional 25% off, so they were like $400ish.  Brown was not my first choice though, since I already have brown boots and the red gate color is just so striking!



I was very pleasantly surprised when my bf was able to get the red gate ones for me today.  So I guess when the brown ones get delivered, I'll just return them.  I do love these boots so much that I'd consider keeping both colors though... lol!  Here are the red gate ones on me:





I really like boot shapes like this where the ankle area is not fitted.  I know that a lot of people don't like that though.  I'm always surprised when I read reviews about different boots online and see people complaining about loose fitting ankles.  I actually dislike fitted ankle style on boots.  So I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

These are in size 7.  I typically wear size 6 in pumps, sneakers, sandals, etc. but I always size up to 7 in boots.  So I'd say these are true to size.  The leg opening on top is a bit tight though, despite the loose ankles.  And there is only a half zip on the inside of the boot, so it is not the easiest thing to pull them on, especially over jeans.  If you have proportionally larger calves, then these most likely will not fit.  But if you can get them on, they are so gorgeous!  The 4 inch heel height doesn't feel bad either, since the heel is chunky.

The leather is stiff enough that it will stand up on its own and not loose shape or slide down as you walk.



Here's the inner side where you see the half zip:







The boots came in the biggest box and bag ever!  My bf was mad that he had to walk around while carrying this to the car lol:



Now, the dress I wanted was the Crepe Tie Neck Bias Cut dress in vertical lyon.  It is now on sale from $550 to $330.  With additional 30% off, it is $231.  It's sold out online as well, but Nordstrom has it for $385.  You don't get the additional 30% off at Nordstrom though, so if you like it, I'd recommend going to a store to see if they have it.




So I never tried this dress on before, I just thought it would be cute.  I got size 2, which seems to be the right size.  However, the fit is just off on me and I can't make it work.  I think I'm too short for it or something.  The proportion is just not right.






It's too long or something.  The waist is also too long.  I think I'd need to be a good 2-3 inches taller (I'm 5'5) to wear this right.  So sad!!!  But it has to go back.  



The tie is completely removable, by the way.  So you don't have to wear it at all.


Zipper on the side:

 


This is the "bias cut" hem of the skirt:



I think if you are tall and lean like the model, it will probably look great on you.  I tried wearing it with the boots like the model has, and it looked even worse.  Oh well!

So other than these 2 items from Tory Burch, I bought a bunch of other things.  I actually got a 3rd pair of boots from Tory Burch online yesterday - the Devon tall boot.  They will probably get returned now that I got the Sarava boots though, unless they are super amazing or something.

Vince is having a great sale too, which is extra 25% off sale (code BFEXTRA25).  Here are the items I got: 
Dempsey Boot in ceramic (yes another pair of boots... lol.  I can't help myself)
Stamped Croc crossbody in forest (though I love the red and purple colors too)
Ribbed Sleeve jacket in white, also available here in more sizes
Wool and Cashmere Striped Vest, also available here in more sizes

From Gilt (combine codes BLACKOUT40 for extra 40% off, and FREESHIP for free shipping):
DvF Jumpsuit
Burberry Belt in black

Others:
Vince Camuto Faran Cork Platform Wedge in rosewood (use BLACK40 for 40% off)
2 pairs of Louboutin shoes on Tradesy lol.  They are having $200 off $1000 with code GET200.  Also have $50 off $300 (GET50) and $500 off $2500(GET500)).  Obviously $200 off $1000 and $500 off $2500 are the same discount % wise (20%), whereas $50 off $300 is lower (~16.6%).  So in my buzzed state, I figured that it was the best deal to spend $1000 lol.

Anywayyyy.... I think I'm done shopping now.  Haha.  Will probably return some of this stuff too.  But what can I say... I felt like treating myself a little, since I did just receive my sign on bonus from my new job and cashed out on an investment account so I might as well blow it on stuff!  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...