Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Funday!

This week I finished month 10 of my Get Glutes workouts.  8 more months to go!  I have mentioned this before, but when I took 2 weeks off prior to starting month 10, it resulted in significant gains in my strength after getting back to weight training.  Particularly for my deadlifts.  In fact, my gain is about 17%, which is a lot!  So, I have decided to give this rest thing a shot lol.  From now on, after every 4 weeks of strength training, I will take 1 week off.  Of course I will not sit around and do nothing during that week.  I will just vary it up by taking some classes that I normally don't have time to take, such as yoga, boxing, spin, etc.  Or just do whatever I feel like doing on my own.  So that's the plan next week, we'll see how it goes!

Monday 8/17
What I did:  Strength #1, followed by about 22 minutes on the gauntlet.  I don't know what happened, but the gauntlet was just killing me that day!  I meant to do 30 minutes and had to stop at 22.  Actually, I could have stopped at 10 lol.  But I kept pushing and pushing till I almost fell off.  Oh well, I guess some days you are just not as good as others.  Must've been the Italian wine I had last Sunday night!  =)

What I wore:
Splits59 Sabrina tank
Lorna Jane Arena bra
Lululemon Inspire crop in oil slick lotus camo
Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 4 shoes in fusion pink/atomic mango





Lorna Jane Motivate LS as to and from:





Tuesday 8/18 - Rest

Wednesday 8/19
What I did:  Strength #2 followed by conditioning #1.

What I wore:  
Lululemon Yogi Cutoff Tee in cayman stripe
Lululemon Free To Be bra in power purple under
Lululemon Inspire crop in deep zinfandel




Lululemon Journey Jacket as to and from:





Thursday 8/20
What I did:  Strength #3 followed by conditioning #2.

What I wore:  
Lululemon High Times pant in cyber stripe
Nike Free 3.0 shoes in gray/crimson





Lululemon Swiftly LS in aquamarine/beach blanket blue as to and from:




Friday 8/21
What I did:  Strength #4, followed by 15 minute jog.

What I wore:
Lululemon No Limit Tank in flash - still one of my favorite colors despite the notorious bleeding





Lululemon Be Present jacket in coco pique as to and from:





I took off this weekend from the gym as well, since I had a lot of errands to run.

Side note:  The first official "Bulletproof" coffee shop by David Asprey finally opened in Santa Monica and I tried it out for the first time today since I was in the area.  Very very disappointed, not to mention it was over $12 for two 12 oz cups lol.  Trust the Yelp reviews.  On a positive note, Sunny Blue never disappoints.  Hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...