Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Funday!

It feels so late right now since Daylight Savings was last night and we gained an extra hour.  But now it gets dark here at 5 pm-ish and it feels like winter finally!

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.  Just a regular physical with all the necessary check-ups.  They cleaned out my ears, which I don't usually like because it makes me dizzy.  But this time, the dizziness was so bad that it lasted all night!  I planned to go workout afterwards too but I could barely drive myself home and all I wanted to do was lie down.  It takes a lot for me to skip the gym!  It was truly terrible.  My grandma and mom both have vertigo so I'm afraid I might get it as well.  :(  It's seriously the worst feeling.. everything spins and you feel like throwing up.  But on a brighter note, my test results all came back by Friday and all is well.  In fact, my cholesterol came down even though I had eaten a few hours before they drew my blood.  The past couple times I got my cholesterol tested, I was actually higher than normal.  This time my overall cholesterol became within range, and my HDL increased while my LDL decreased.  So I am very pleased that my recent efforts to clean up my eating have shown results.

I might have been working out too hard though.  I had done a few 5-days-in-a-row workout sessions the past couple weeks.  Then this week I worked out on Monday, then took Tuesday off unwittingly due to my extreme dizziness.  To make up for that, I worked out Wed - Sat.  After my workout on Sat, I was literally dead.  I was so low on energy (even after eating breakfast) that I could barely talk.  I slept for about 2 hours after and felt a little better, but the whole day was just lethargic.  I just felt like my body really needed a break.  I could have slept all day!  It was something I never felt before... it was crazy!  So I slept a lot last night and I think I am fully recovered now.  I should really try to get more sleep during the week.. But I am thankful for the extra hour we gained today.  Definitely needed that!

Monday 9/28
What I did:  Lower body weight circuit.  I had mentioned before that I hate this workout!  Monday was actually the day I got my new workout plan from my trainer for the next couple weeks.  But I didn't get it till after I got back from the gym.  He took away the Monday lower body circuit for the next couple weeks!  Yay!!!  Too bad I didn't get it sooner because I would have liked to have skipped the circuit.  :)

What I wore:  Alo Sport Zen Layer tank with Lululemon Free To Be bra in faded zap under, Splits59 Ginger crops with purple Nike Free Bionics!  I guess I am keeping these shoes, since I keep wearing them lol!  Oh well... the shoes matched the bra!

For some reason I forgot to take a front picture, so this is all I got because I haven't done laundry yet, and thus will not be putting it on again just for a picture.  =P


As to and from, I put on my Splits59 Olivia Run tee in barberry/apricot.


Tuesday 9/29 - Rest

Wednesday 9/30
What I did:  Shoulder & tri weights workout followed by 30 minutes of cardio interval on 15% incline treadmill.

What I wore:  Lululemon Ta Ta Topper tank and Lululemon Mod Moves crop in groovy stripe nimbus, with purple Nike Free Bionics again.  I realized after I got to the gym that it was too matchy matchy for my taste.  Grrrr... I swear I should keep more than one outfit in my trunk at all times.  I just hate looking like the freak that's trying too hard and wearing a full on matching Lululemon outfit!  Hahaha!


The matchy-ness can be appreciated more from the side:


I put on my Turn Around LS as to and from.  Love this top...


Thursday 10/31
What I did:  Yep, I worked out on Halloween!  Back & bi, then cardio!

What I wore:  I was not on top of it this year and it feels like Halloween snuck up on me.  I didn't even have time to get a costume!  So in the spirit of what used to be my favorite holiday of the year, I wore my orangey Lole Fly tank with Lululemon Run For Fun crop in paisley embossed black, and black Nike Free bionics this time.


I like wearing tanks with unique backs for my back/bi workout days where I have to do chin-ups and pull-ups.  A lot of people watch me when I do these exercises, so why not give them something to look at... LOL!  Seriously though, I don't know why but I think it's not often that girls do the unassisted versions of these things.  I have only seen one other girl at my gym that does them.  It wasn't until recently that I could do them as well!  I can only do like 3-4 reps each set, and the last rep is always a struggle where I'm like kicking my legs in the air to get myself up...



I wore my power purple swiftly 1/2 zip as to and from... I love this top so much!  It's such a great color.


Friday 11/1
What I did:  Lower body weights.  This one starts with 5 sets of 8-10 squats where I sit back onto a bench for a second then get back up.  I might have over-did it on the weight when I stacked it with 115 lbs.  I could feel that my legs would get very sore even DURING the exercise!  I was right... I have been super sore for 2 days.  Cardio after.

What I wore:  My very first Lululemon tank ever!  My Tri Y tank, don't even know the color of this pink.  Lululemon Lab Perennial Tight and New Balance Minimus Road shoes.


I do miss the older Lululemon material... this tank is thicker and way more substantial than any tanks they sell currently in the stores.  It covers all your flaws.  There's also a mesh down the back with an ipod pocket on the bottom.  Too bad they don't make things like this anymore...


I wore the Principle Jacket as to and from, another oldie!



Saturday 11/2
What I did:  This was the workout that killed me.  Well, maybe not this particular workout on its own but a summation of all my recent workouts.  I did my upper body supersets.  Really pushed myself on weights though.  Then 30 minute cardio to finish off the week.

What I wore:  Lululemon Cool Racerback in midnight iris (forgot I had this!) with Beyond Yoga Gathered Legging in mojave, and black Nike Free Bionics.  I realized that the green in the midnight iris is a perfect match to the mojave crops.


Here's the print up close with the crops... a little easier to see...



I wore my Lift Your Spirits jacket as to and from:


Sunday 11/3 - Rest day at last!  I went shopping all day today!  Mostly to return things, but I got an awesome leather jacket which I will write more about later.  It was supposed to be cold today, at only 65 degrees high.  So I kind of dressed for it.  But it turned out to be quite warm so joke's on me!  I wore my Splits59 ribbed LS hoodie with Blank NYC pink glittery skinny jeans and Michael Kors Fleur tall boot.



And that's all!  Dinner time for me now!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I love the nike bionics...I run a lot so running shoes eat up most of my shoe budget but I am trying to talk myself into a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... these are Nike's solution for Crossfitters... so I wouldn't recommend them for running. If you do weights or Crossfit-like activities, then you could totally justify a pair. They are not that expensive anyways. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better- I wonder if you had a minor virus or something and were just fighting it off? Colds and stuff are starting to go around in this neck of the woods so it wouldn't surprise me. I'm fighting one off now and trying to keep it from becoming full-force!

    Very kind of you to give your fellow gym-goers some back detail to look at when they're staring at your impressive upper body strength!

    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm maybe I could have been a little sick and slept it off... I just felt tired, but no usual sick symptoms...

      lol... I am nice like that! =P (jk... of course)

      Delete
  3. I had that tri-y. I think it's fruity tootie or something like that. Yep, miss the old days of Lululemon when EVERYTHING was thicker & totally worth the cost. I started seeing the changes 5 yrs ago, but most ppl on LLL board just poo-poo'd it. Now everyone can see the difference because things have gotten so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's fruitie tootie... I think fruitie tootie has more of a coral tone to it. I have some swiftlies and a pair of pants that have fruitie tootie in the waistband. I also have compared it to older pinks like kiss, paradise, etc. and it doesn't match any of those... lol

      I agree that they haven't put out anything of equal quality to the old days in years. I feel bad for people who just started buying it in the past 3-4 years... but then again maybe they are the lucky ones since they don't know what they are missing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...