Sunday, March 21, 2010

LA Marathon!!

I got up somewhat early this morning to go cheer on the LA Marathoners.  I walked down to the Lululemon store, which is right outside of mile 22.  So many Luluheads showed up in 80s attire, and they had tons of food, water, signs, and even a DJ! 




We brought champaign and lemonade and drank and cheered people on all morning.  It was fun!  I saw so many people that made me feel lame for not running the marathon!  Like people who are on wheelchairs, or people who look like they are in their 90s, or little kids.  I guess if I had this goal I could do it, but I really just don't want to put my body through that???  I saw a friend who ran the course twice this morning though!!  Don't know when he started, but when I saw him he had already ran from end to start, and from start back to mile 22.  So he was 4 miles away from 52 miles total.  Wtf?  Crazy!!!

This is a funny sign that they made and we were holding it for a while...


Hehe... it was a really good time!  I loved the people who ran by and danced along to the music and smiled and high fived us.  I think it's really great that they were able to run a marathon today!  Maybe someday it will be me too....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...