Sunday, August 1, 2010

Maui Babe Browning Lotion

I've been using the Maui Babe Browning Lotion to tan for years now.  My boyfriend first introduced it to me with a bottle he bought when he was in Hawaii.  I was skeptical at first but after trying it out, I was amazed and hooked right away!



Seriously, this product is amazing!  I've used other tanning oil before and nothing compares to this one!  It would normally take me multiple tries/hours and most of the time I would just turn red and peel afterwards.  But with Maui Babe, I get tan super quickly, and it stays a dark golden beautiful tan without burning or peeling!  In their own words, "It accelerates the sun triggered tanning processes in your skin, eliminating long torturous hours cultivating your tan."  It ain't no lie!

The lotion is a dark brown oily mixture (but not a stain) that smells great, like coffee!  They say "It's brown because brown is what you want to be."  You do have to shake the bottle like there's no tomorrow to mix the oil with whatever other ingredients in it before applying.  And it could be messy to apply.  If you get it on your clothing or beach towel, you'd have to wash them to get it out.  According to the blurb on the bottle, it's made of secret family recipe and Hawaiian natural ingredients, including Aloe.  It's not sold at many places in the LA area.  Actually the only retailer I know that sells it is the waxing salon I go to.  They even carry the Maui Babe After Browning Lotion too which is amazing to use after tanning as it soothes the skin and reduces burn as well (and smells wonderful!).  But of course anything could be purchased online nowadays!

I was going out last night with some friends to celebrate my birthday and I knew I was going to either wear a dress or shorts with heels.  So I decided to sit by my pool for a few hours to get a great tan beforehand.  Of course that meant using Maui Babe.  I had a pretty good base tan from last week's pool time, so I decided to not wear any sunscreen before applying Maui Babe, and just cook myself to get a deep tan.  Well that turned out to be a mistake!  I was out there way too long - almost 3 hours!  And after I came back in and showered, I had turned into a lobster!  I was conveniently out of the Maui Babe After Browning Lotion, so I just kept putting Aloe all over myself all day and night before I went out.  But I still appeared super red in my birthday pictures.  Guess this is where Photoshop comes in.  I was 90% sure I would burn and peel all over from this, but this morning when I woke up, most of the redness had turned into a beautiful tan!  This had to be thanks to Maui Babe because normally there would be NO WAY that I wouldn't continue to hurt and peel for days after.  The only few spots that I'm still red are unfortunately right under my butt cheeks.  They hurt in my morning yoga class today!  Ouch.  One of the worst places to burn for sure!  I'm crossing my fingers that it will go away by tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...