Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lululemon Explore Short, Flow Y Bra IV & Not So Deep V Bra

Lululemon Explore Short


Oh I've been making way too many purchases on Lululemon's website because of the awesome deals!  I think I had like 4 different packages coming.  With free shipping, it is too easy to just keep making different orders!

Well I got the Explore Short in the mail today in "frisby chunk plaid".  I never saw these in the store, but they look a lot like these Abercrombie plaid shorts I used to have that were too big for me so I had to sell them on ebay.  So I decided that at $22, these were definitely worth buying.  They turned out to be pretty cute.  I got my usual size 4, and they fit perfectly.  I really love how all Lululemon stuff fit so perfectly.  They are brighter than they look in the picture, which I have found to be the case all the time.  So I came to expect the color differences now and it wasn't a big shock to me.  They are a bit shorter than I thought they would be - I figured they would fall right around the knee but they are actually about 2-3 inches above the knee.  Oh well, not a big deal.  Anyway, so these are cute little shorts to chill in in the summer.  It says that they having wicking ability, but I don't think that I'd ever wear these to work out in.  I would definitely wear them to go golfing though!  Hmmm the original price is $76.  Who would ever buy these for that much?

Lululemon Flow Y Bra



 
 

I got the Flow Y Bra IV in Chirp/ Dark Chirp Hippie as well.  They went down from $42 to $15.  So I couldn't resist, even though I have 3 other ones in this exact same style, just in different colors.  I love this bra because the style is simple and fits well under tank or shirts.  The back straps don't normally show through and sometimes the front peaks out a little from under the tank collars to show some color.  I love the back mesh for more breathability as well.  They are not a very high support bra, but I don't really need high support for my chest.  I'm not that well endowed.  I wear this bra to run in all the time, and it has worked very well. 

My other ones are all size 4, but I had to get this one in size 6 because they were out of size 4.  It fits pretty much the same in the back, but the front is a little loose.  So as a result, the fabric in the front is not as smooth as it could be.  But it's ok!  I can deal with it.  I think the print is pretty cute.  It will definitely be cute under all my Cool Racerback tanks.

Lululemon Not So Deep V Bra



India Ink/ Mood Blue



Caribe/ Gulf Undulation


The back mesh part is very pretty


Detail in the front is very pretty as well

Of course the Not So Deep V Bras were on sale as well from $42 to $9, and I decided to snatch two of them up too!  One in India Ink/ Mood Blue, and another in Caribe/ Gulf Undulation.  I had never tried this style on before, because I don't normally like bras that are not smooth in the front.  Sometimes when they are worn under thinner shirts or tanks, it just doesn't look so good.  But for $9 I will get over that.  Plus I do have 4 Athletic Deep V III tanks that are the same style as this bra in the front.  They are very flattering and definitely make the cleavage look good!

I originally wanted to get only one of these bras since I really don't need any more sports bras, especially in a style I haven't tried on before.  But after ordering the India Ink/Mood Blue color, the Caribe/Gulf Undulation showed up as well.  I really love the pattern in the back mesh part and the different colors in the front, so I decided what the heck, and got it in a different order. 

I have heard that this bra is more supportive than the Flow Y IV bra, and it's supposed to be awesome to run in.  Most people tend to size up like they do with Athletic Deep V tanks.  But I wear my regular size 4 in those tanks, so I wasn't sure if I should buy size 4 or 6 in the bra.  So, I got size 4 in Caribe and size 6 in india ink.  Ha!  Best of both worlds.  Hehe.

Well they both fit ok.  Obviously 4 is tighter, but 6 is not bad either.  But I do find that the cups of size 6 are longer, so the bottom band hits lower.  It's a little weird.  I'm used to my bras ending right at the rib cage.  But it's not a deal breaker, I would still wear it.  I don't think that I will be flapping around in it.

However, I find this bra a little hard to match with tops to go over it.  It looks weird with a round neck top, which just happens to be the style of all my work out tanks.  So I guess I could really only wear it under my long sleeve running tops or t-shirts.  I will have to keep an eye out for things that could work well with these bras.  But no matter what, I got both of them for half of the regular retail price of one so I can't complain!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...