Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Equinox Fitness & Kiehl's Since 1851

Equinox Fitness




I think it's only fitting that I touch on the place I spend most of my time at aside from work and home.  I am a big fan of Equinox Fitness.  The aesthetics are obviously very pleasing to the eye for anyone visiting, and definitely sets it apart from many other gyms.  It's just so swanky!  But what I really love about Equinox is the quality of their group fitness classes, cleanliness (I can actually shower there!) and creativity. 

I go to Equinox every week day morning at around 5:45 am, and I take spin classes and boot camp (cardio/weights intervals) classes regularly.  On weekends I usually take a kettlebell class, boxing class, and some yoga/pilates classes.  (Ok I admit I'm a gym rat  - there are worse things to be addicted to!  =P)  I've tried out multiple locations and instructors, and pretty much every type of class they offer.  I've been so impressed with I would say 90% of them!  That's pretty huge because I'm picky - I monitor my heart rate constantly and I don't feel like I have got a good work out unless I sweat profusely, or feel like my arms are falling off, or on the verge of dropping dead any second.  That's the kind of challenging work out I'm looking for and Equinox has definitely provided that for me everyday.  Without my favorite classes, there is NO WAY I would ever make it up at 5 am everyday.  Come on, nobody wants to get up at 5 am to run on the treadmill for an hour.  So boring!  I am not a morning person whatsoever, but these classes and the environment keeps me coming back everyday!  I actually really enjoy working out in the morning now.  I get it over with first thing, and the hardest part of my day is over.

What I love even more about working out at Equinox is that I get to shower there afterwards.  The locker rooms are full of all kinds of amenities that you would need.  From steam room, sauna, spa, shop, to shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouth wash, disposable razors, Q-tips, lotion, hair dryer, etc. etc.  They even have eucalyptus infused cooling towels in little refrigerators for after work outs.  I never have to bring anything from home.  Well I do bring shower shoes because I'm afraid of getting foot fungus even though there is a maid pretty much scrubbing everything you touch at the gym, but that's just me.  Oh, and a loofah!  I love those things and can't shower without one.  I do wish Equinox was equipped with disposable loofahs... hahaha.

Equinox also has a very cool website where you can track what type & intensity of work outs you did everyday, and you can view work out history by week or month or year to see how often you worked out.  You can write down your goal. Here's an example of mine for the past 12 weeks.  As you can see, my goal is to lose 5 pounds, and I've been going to the gym 5 days a week mostly, except December but hey give me a break, it was the holiday season and I went out of town!!  The last bar is the current week!  You can also create a calendar of classes you plan to take for each day of the week and sign up for spin classes online.



They came out with their own iPhone app a few months ago which does the same thing as their website, and it is very handy!  It's on the first page of my iPhone because I'm constantly checking it.  =)

 

Anyways, now I'm beginning to sound like a paid Equinox advertiser.  But seriously, I can't imagine my life without it.  If I ever move to a place that's not near an Equinox, I will have some serious issues.  It is perfect.  It never even gets very crowded - I've never had to wait for a machine, since most people either can't afford or don't want to pay such hefty membership dues.  But their loss is my gain!  LOVE!

Kiehl's Since 1851




Ok, as if I haven't raved about Equinox enough, they just came out with this exclusive deal with Kiehl's to supply all Equinox locker rooms with Kiehl's amino acid shampoo and conditioner, body wash, and cream de corps lotion.  ONLY THE BEST LOTION EVER!!  When I found it out a few months ago, I was ECSTATIC, to say the least.

So I stopped bringing my Bumble and Bumble shampoo and conditioner to the gym, and started using the Kiehl's amino acid shampoo and conditioner.  So far, I like them.  The shampoo is good, though if I had to pick, I would prefer the Bumble and Bumble cream de coco shampoo, or the Kerastase line, but the Kiehl's one is just fine, especially for free at the gym!  I like the amino acid conditioner a lot though.  It is moisturizing without being oily.  I also don't need to slobber it onto my hair because the moisture soaks in very well.  After rinsing it out, you can even reapply it as a leave in conditioner and/or styling product.  What an awesome idea!  I actually tried that out today and it was perfect!  My hair is so soft right now, I think it will become my everyday routine!

The cream de corps lotion I just cannot say enough good things about.  It is seriously the best lotion I've ever used, and I've used A LOT.  It is pricey.  I think it costs about $40 a bottle retail.  But totally worth it!  With most lotion I always have to reapply many times throughout the day during those dry winter months, especially to dry skin areas like the elbows, shins and feet.  But this one really moisturizes deep and it lasts!  So one application does the job.  Maybe the price difference isn't all that much since the bottle of Kiehl's will last much longer?  Hmm... well I think I will get some for home so I can use it on the weekends too.  So glad two of my favorite things are now at one place!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...