Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Funday!

I did better with my workouts this week, and ended up weight lifting 3 times.  I really really like weight lifting.  I haven't really written about this in a while, but I've been doing it seriously since the beginning of this year and I've seen so many changes in my body.  I have definitely added muscle mass and feel so much stronger now.   And I really have seen the results of more calories burned due to these added muscles.  I've been eating kind of crappy lately, and if I was only doing cardio and light weights like I used to before, I'd be packing on the pounds.  However,  nowadays I just bounce right back into shape, it's really quite amazing!  Of course it doesn't mean this will last forever and I should still continue to lift and eat as healthy as I can.  It's just nice to be able to "cheat" more than before.  =)

Monday 10/22
What I did:  My mom was in town so I went to dinner with her.  But I was able to get some weight lifting in beforehand.  I worked on arms and ran five 1-minute sprints.

What I wore:  Lululemon cool racerback in black embossed manifesto print, with flash Centered Energy bra under.  I wore my coal/passion wee stripe Empower Crop and my Adidas adizero adios 2 shoes.


Tuesday 10/23 - Took it off and saw a movie instead.

Wednesday 10/24
What I did:  Weight lifting - leg day, which means hell day.  I hate/love my leg workouts, they are so tough.  I was sore for 2 days after, and I even skipped my usual sprints afterwards since my legs felt like jello.

What I wore:  Lululemon swiftly tank in pink mist, with white Flow Y bra under.  Bordeaux drama wunder under crops (love these so much!), and New Balance Minimus Road shoes.


I wore my beloved Journey Jacket as to/from.



Thursday 10/25
What I did:  Weights again, I worked on back this time and did my sprints afterwards.

What I wore:  Lululemon cool racerback in white, and power purple wunder under crops.



I wore my Diesel Fluvy hoodie as to and from.



Friday 10/26 - Took it off

Saturday 10/27
What I did:  Went to my power yoga class.  It was a very good class, and I felt a lot stiffer since I hadn't gone to yoga for a couple weeks.  It's amazing how much yoga helps...



And today I did not workout again!  Well, maybe I'll go later.  But I went to hit golf balls this morning, did a pretty crappy job, and got over it real fast.  So I went to eat brunch instead.  Now I'm all full and don't feel like moving... haha.  But I'm happy with 4 days of solid workouts this week.  My goal is to go 4-6 times a week.  So at least I hit my minimum!

3 comments:

  1. I have the journey jacket too--it is my favorite jacket of all time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you think you could do a post breaking down more of the weight lifting work outs you are doing these days? do you still do new rules of weight lifting for women at all?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...