Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lululemon Swiftly 1/2 Zip Paris Pink & White Play In The Sun Short!

Omg, I think I'm going insane.  I saw the Lululemon 1/2 zip swiftly in paris pink at CorePower, and for some reason really felt like picking it up.  It's so silly, because I actually bought the regular swiftly LS in paris pink when it came out and returned it due to potential bleeding issues.  But since I have a new found love for the 1/2 zip swiftly now, I just couldn't resist picking it up!  It looks so cute in paris pink!  Of course, there is still the potential bleeding issue... especially after my paris pink Practice Freely tank bled on me in hot yoga.  But I'm actually just going to hang the swiftly in my closet and see how it fits there... lol.  I know, I have issues.

I also bought the Play In The Sun short in white, because I just booked my flights to Turkey and Greece for June and I need casual travel clothes!  I thought these shorts would work perfect for that.

Here's a picture of the 2 new Lulu items together.  I like paris pink and white but I would never wear them together unless I wanted my white shorts to turn pink... lol.  What a shame though!



I actually really like these shorts!  I almost never buy Lulu purely for casual wear, but I was pleasantly surprised by the functionality of these shorts.  The above photo shows them in the shorter length, which can be let out to about 2 inches longer!  Now I think I would most likely wear them as the shorter length, because they aren't all that short as is.  But it's a great idea to give the option of having multiple lengths.  I also like that when it's shorter, the Lulu logo is completely folded in and thus hidden from view.

Here's a photo of them longer:



And this is a side by side comparison of the lengths... lol



I think it's pretty smart how they designed the flap thingy that holds the shorts in place.

This is what it looks like:



So when you wear them as the shorter length, you actually fold the flap into half first, and then buttoned it so there is no extra material flapping around:



But what I don't get is, when you wear them longer, what you are supposed to do with it.  If you just leave it unbuttoned, it hangs out about an inch longer than the shorts which looks weird:



And if you do button it up, it is not long enough:



I think it looks better than left hanging, but I wish it was exactly as long as the shorts so that it would lay flat.  How weird!!  Am I missing something here?  Oh well, I'm probably not going to wear them long like this anyway so it's not really a big deal I guess.  

Here are the web photos so you can see the waistband and the back better, even though it's white on white... why do retailers do that?






So the waistband is wide and stretchy.  It's pretty comfortable on and fits true to size.  They are pretty similar to my passion Do It All shorts.  The material is the same (swift) and fit/style is similar.  They are both very comfy.  But these are priced better than the Do It All shorts though still a little high in my opinion.  At least when the passion ones came out, they were $68 which was quite pricey for casual wear shorts.  But these are $58, which is probably the most I'd pay for them.  5 just looks much better than 6.

There are 4 pockets total on these - 2 on the back and 2 on the sides.  The back pockets are cute but the side pockets can bunch up a little.  I don't think they are particularly unflattering though.  I do wish that the inner pocket lining would lay better.  It's not sewn in at all, and these are big pockets.  So after you put on these shorts, you have to put your hands in the pockets and adjust them so they lay flat.  I think I am going to sew down the lining in the corners so it doesn't move around under the shorts which is a pet peeve of mine.  But other than that, I really like these shorts!  They will be perfect for walking around Istanbul or cruising the Greek islands... and also a nice staple addition to my summer wardrobe.

27 comments:

  1. They look great on you! I really want to get these shorts but I'm not sure about size... I only have super stretchy Lululemon pants like the gather and grow/goove pants etc. If I'm a four in those do you think I'd be a six or four in this style? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also wear a 4 in luon pants like Grooves, Wunder Unders, etc. and I bought a 4 in these shorts. They fit pretty true to size so I say go with the 4!

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't wear shorts in Istanbul, you will get harassed enough without them, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't let it worry you too much but I would suggest preparing for it a little. Take the shorts with you, see how you feel in your more modest gear before wearing them out. Please know that it is not my intention to stigmatize anyone when I say that you will likely get bothered by dudes. I was born and raised muslim, if this assuages anyone's fears that I may be stigmatizing Turkish men or culture. Here is an article that may be of interest to you:
      http://www.todayszaman.com/news-275095-expat-starts-hollaback-istanbul-to-tackle-street--harassment.html
      I am sure you will have a great time, it is a beautiful country with a very rich history.

      Delete
    2. One last caveat - I wish we lived in a world where women could wear what they want without fear of being bothered. Some women choose to be pioneers in this regard, wearing what they want and dealing with the harassers head on. I am all for these women. But for myself, I get so angry when I get harassed that I would rather avoid the situation all together (thus I would dress modestly). I think either route is fine, so long as you know which approach you want to take beforehand, so you can pack accordingly.

      Delete
    3. Hmm I get what you mean. When I went to Fiji they told us to always wear long sleeve shirts and long dresses to be more respectful of the culture there. Thailand too... Some places wouldn't let you in if you don't cover up your shoulders. I need to do some research about Turkey. Honestly I just picked a place out of a hat and bought a plane ticket. Lol. I'm not much of a planner... Super stoked to see all the cool sights though!!

      Delete
  3. There is a tiny hole in the bottom of the pocket where the fastening strip can pull inside through. You can leave it in pocket or pull it out through the top of the pocket and fold it down on the outside and attach it back to the button. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh... I knew there was something, just couldn't figure it out! Haha.. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  4. How thick is the material? Did you find them to be see-through at all? I have white DSPs that are lined and I have to be careful what I wear under them, haha! No stripes or polkadots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha funny... I did not notice any see thru-ness but I'll do a bend test and inspect more closely when I get home tonight. There are pockets are the back so I'm sure that helps a little...

      Delete
    2. Ok, I did a test and they are kind of see-through! So don't wear dark or patterned undies with them lol.

      Delete
  5. I soaked my Paris pink 1/2 zip in white vinegar and haven't had any bleeding issues!! Apparently works with dark denim as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? How much vinegar did you use? Did you soak it in only vinegar or dilute it with water? How long?

      Delete
    2. Just put it in a bowl, covered it in straight vinegar and let it sit for about an hour, I think. Then rinsed it really good with cold water and threw it in the wash (cold wash with soap and another cup of vinegar). So far, so good!!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Im not sure if you know, but a few posts ago you were wishing for a concord grape crb, and theres been one out online for a while. Just letting you know in case you still want to grab one in your size :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I don't think I saw. But I actually really want concord as a mesh cool racerback... Like the It's A Cinch dress... Don't think it will happen...

      Delete
  7. Wasn't sure about these but after seeing them on you. I think I must get them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been curious about these shorts as well, thanks so much for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought my flight to Greece yesterday! I leave in two Weeks and haven't planned a thing yet...oh except how I'm only packing Lulu so I'll be comfy while traveling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh how exciting!!! You will have to let me know where to go and what to do when you get back!! I seriously have no clue. But I too will be taking lots of Lulu! I love packing Lulu for travel... nothing ever wrinkles! Have a great trip!!!

      Delete
  10. Hi! I really enjoy your blog and love seeing the lulu items in real life. I wanted to let you know there are a couple of ebay vendors using your images in their product listings? re: the vinyasa crops size 4. You probably knew already but FYI... Sad that people can't take their own photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for letting me know! I don't understand why these people can't take photos of their own stuff either. Maybe because they don't actually have them (yet)? I just found that posting... they totally took 3 of my pictures and put them together. I don't want my ass (literally) on ebay lol. I've contacted the seller requesting to take them down! Thanks again!

      Delete
  11. Obtenez plus d'informations dolabuy.co vous pouvez essayer ici Dolabuy Loewe cliquez pour en savoir plus Dolabuy Loewe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...