Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lorna Jane Miranda Tank

I didn't do too much Cyber Monday shopping, but Lorna Jane was one of the places I bought from.  I haven't really been liking too many of their designs lately, so I haven't shopped there in a while.  Apparently, they did some website overhaul (it looks nicer now), because my account has been wiped out completely!  It kinda sucks, since I like having my order histories and stuff like that to refer back to.  So I had to go and create a new account.  I didn't get a notice when my order shipped, so it just showed up one day last week.  It was still shipped from Santa Monica though, from a guy named Archie.  Lol.  Pretty sure he shipped my other orders before.

Anyway, I ordered the Miranda Tank in gray marl.  This tank is cheaper than their usual tanks, which are always around $65.  This was $39, but they had 20% off so around 30 bucks.  I think it's cheaper because it's made from jersey fabric instead of excel fabric.  I hadn't tried jersey before so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Light gray is always a nice color to have, and I realized that I don't own many tanks in this color for some reason.




I really like how the back is mostly mesh.  I ordered a size S in this tank, which is my preferred size for tops at Lorna Jane.  At first when I took it out of the package it came in, I thought it looked huge and I'd definitely have to go exchange for a smaller size.  But once I put it on, it's actually not that big at all.  I think it's because this fabric is not as stretchy as what I'm used to.  It feels like a thick-ish cotton fabric.  It's not particularly soft either.  I guess I don't find this fabric to be anything special.  Excel is definitely a more technical material.  I just like the mesh on this tank that shows the color of the sports bra through.  The armpits also dip a little lower and I like that style as well.

Here it is on me, with Lululemon Centered Energy bra in flash underneath:






I think the large mesh area will actually keep me quite cool during workouts.  So I'm happy to keep it, especially for the discounted price which is not bad at all.  I'm curious to find out how well the jersey fabric works with sweat, and whether it will turn super dark when it's wet.  We'll see!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...