Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vera Wang Lavender Label - Slipper Satin Color Block Dress

I made another purchase today on evil gilt.com!  I actually wasn't planning to buy anything, but I saw that Vera Wang Lavender Label was on sale so I had to check it out.  I just love their stuff.  The dresses are always so pretty and wearable, and the jewelry are very eye catching, beautiful and unique.

While browsing, I came upon the Slipper Satin Color Block Dress and fell in love with it right away.


The dress is like a 40s style with a modern flare.  I love the color combos of black and ivory with a gold band.  It's very classic and versatile.  Very easy to match with different colored shoes to make it a fun outfit!  I love the crystal details on the shoulders too. 

I feel like it's an awesome dress to wear out at night, dress up during a special event, or even during the day and to work with a cardigan over!  

Since I never tried on a Vera Wang Lavender Label dress before, I wasn't sure what size to order.  Not that Gilt gave me much choice since all the sizes were constantly in someone else's cart and I had to keep clicking over and over again to try to add to mine.  But I was deciding between size 2 and size 4.  The size chart just said "this item fits true to size".  Great.  Very helpful Gilt!  But it did give measurements of the size 4: 34 inches in circumference at bust; 29 inches in circumference at waist; 36 inches from shoulder to hemline.  The reason I hesitated with it is because the waist size sounds pretty big for a size 4.  My waist is 26 inches so this one is 3 inches wider.  But the bust sounds about right so I wasn't sure.  Is it designed for a person with smaller chest and wider waist?  But it looks so flattering on the model!

Well, I figured it is better to get a bigger size and have to go take it in than to have one that is too small to wear.  So I got size 4.  I really hope it will fit well and I won't have to bother going to my tailor.  

This dress retails $495 but Gilt was selling it for $169.  I had $50 in account credit, so I only paid a little over $100 with $9 shipping.  So it's not bad at all!  I figured why buy a pair of Lululemon yoga pants for $100 when I can have a Vera Wang for the same price!  Hehe

The description for this item states:

Style Information #D28D80D
*Slipper satin color block dress *Gemstone detail at shoulders, attached tie sash at waist, side slash pockets *Hidden back zipper with hook and eye closure, partially lined in silk *34 inches in circumference at bust; 29 inches in circumference at waist; 36 inches from shoulder to hemline; Measurements were taken from a size 4 *Model's height is 5 feet 10 inches; bust 31 inches; waist 24 inches; hips 34 inches
Color: Black/oyster
Material:  60% silk and 40% rayon shell. 100% silk lining
Fit:  This style fits true to size
Origin:  Imported 
It also says it's supposed to be delivered between 4/8 and 4/14 or something so I should get it next week!  Can't wait!

On a side note, the Tumi T-Tech Move Portfolio Hanging Toiletry Kit that I ordered from Gilt a month ago finally arrived today. 

It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be so I'm kind of disappointed.  I guess it did give measurements but I didn't pay much attention so it's my own fault.  There's not too much room to put stuff in it.  It would be good for a weekend trip or something to take basic toiletry in.  But not for anything longer really.  At least not for me.  I have so much stuff.  I think it will barely fit my hair brush in.  There are not very many pockets so I can't stash little things here and there.  There is a hanger which is nice.  All in all, not very impressed.  But for the price of $29 (retails $60) and I got it 100% with my account credit (so free), it is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...