While browsing, I came upon the Slipper Satin Color Block Dress and fell in love with it right away.
The dress is like a 40s style with a modern flare. I love the color combos of black and ivory with a gold band. It's very classic and versatile. Very easy to match with different colored shoes to make it a fun outfit! I love the crystal details on the shoulders too.
I feel like it's an awesome dress to wear out at night, dress up during a special event, or even during the day and to work with a cardigan over!
Since I never tried on a Vera Wang Lavender Label dress before, I wasn't sure what size to order. Not that Gilt gave me much choice since all the sizes were constantly in someone else's cart and I had to keep clicking over and over again to try to add to mine. But I was deciding between size 2 and size 4. The size chart just said "this item fits true to size". Great. Very helpful Gilt! But it did give measurements of the size 4: 34 inches in circumference at bust; 29 inches in circumference at waist; 36 inches from shoulder to hemline. The reason I hesitated with it is because the waist size sounds pretty big for a size 4. My waist is 26 inches so this one is 3 inches wider. But the bust sounds about right so I wasn't sure. Is it designed for a person with smaller chest and wider waist? But it looks so flattering on the model!
Well, I figured it is better to get a bigger size and have to go take it in than to have one that is too small to wear. So I got size 4. I really hope it will fit well and I won't have to bother going to my tailor.
This dress retails $495 but Gilt was selling it for $169. I had $50 in account credit, so I only paid a little over $100 with $9 shipping. So it's not bad at all! I figured why buy a pair of Lululemon yoga pants for $100 when I can have a Vera Wang for the same price! Hehe
The description for this item states:
- Style Information #D28D80D
- *Slipper satin color block dress *Gemstone detail at shoulders, attached tie sash at waist, side slash pockets *Hidden back zipper with hook and eye closure, partially lined in silk *34 inches in circumference at bust; 29 inches in circumference at waist; 36 inches from shoulder to hemline; Measurements were taken from a size 4 *Model's height is 5 feet 10 inches; bust 31 inches; waist 24 inches; hips 34 inches
- Color: Black/oyster
- Material: 60% silk and 40% rayon shell. 100% silk lining
- Fit: This style fits true to size
- Origin: Imported
- It also says it's supposed to be delivered between 4/8 and 4/14 or something so I should get it next week! Can't wait!
- On a side note, the Tumi T-Tech Move Portfolio Hanging Toiletry Kit that I ordered from Gilt a month ago finally arrived today.
- It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be so I'm kind of disappointed. I guess it did give measurements but I didn't pay much attention so it's my own fault. There's not too much room to put stuff in it. It would be good for a weekend trip or something to take basic toiletry in. But not for anything longer really. At least not for me. I have so much stuff. I think it will barely fit my hair brush in. There are not very many pockets so I can't stash little things here and there. There is a hanger which is nice. All in all, not very impressed. But for the price of $29 (retails $60) and I got it 100% with my account credit (so free), it is just fine.