Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lash Allure MD - Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum UPDATE!

I finally received the Lash Allure MD - Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum that I order from Gilt like a month ago.  I tried it out last night and this morning.  It's a clear liquid gel that comes in a mascara looking tube, but thicker.


As can be seen on the above picture, the applicator head is a little brush.  You basically put it on the upper eye lid close to the lashes as if you were putting on an eye liner, and then close the eye and put it directly onto the lashes.  You can also put it over eye brows if you want.  

I like how easy it is to apply, and it dries pretty quickly.  But it burns my eyes when I first put it on!  Not a painful burning sensation, but still does not seem right.  It burns for about 30 seconds or so, then it goes away.  I don't have any redness, or bumps or any other allergic reaction afterwards.  I've been googling reviews for this product and lots of good things come up about it working really well and not irritating the eyes.  So maybe I'm just allergic to some ingredients in it.  =(

Nevertheless, I think I will continue using it for at least 2 weeks just because I'm curious to see if it actually works.  Of course I will stop if the burning gets worse or lasts longer.  But maybe I can build up a tolerance to it (like to alcohol) and I won't get it anymore after a couple uses!  Hahaha... doubt it though.  But I think this product is supposed to work because from what I've read, it contains an ingredient that boosts hair follicles to grow.  Sometimes the follicles become dormant as we age.  I think this is happening to some patches of my eyebrows.  I probably over plucked at some point in the past, and some parts just never grow back anymore!  I always have to fill it in with an eye brow pencil or powder.  So I'm hoping that at least this will boost my eye brows to grow more.  The painful sensation only happens to my eye lids, not my eye brows.  So at the minimum I can hope to see results from eye brows.

Anyway, since I've only been using it for a day, I can't really comment on whether it works well or not.  But if it does work well then it's probably a good product for its price of $49.  Many other products out there that claim to do the same things can cost upwards of $100.  I will have to report back!

5 comments:

  1. I've tried this product and also experienced a tingling type sensation when first used. Not sure if it just went away or I figured how to apply it without getting in my eyes, but it does not do that after about a week or so. Definitely worth sticking to it. My eyelashes are definitely thicker and longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I also think that after using it for a week or so, the sensation is not very noticeable anymore. I still haven't seen any difference though but I'm being patient and hoping that it will work for me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad the pain has gone away for you both. I have been using the product for about two weeks and I almost get scared before I use it every time because my burning feeling keeps getting worse. I'm not sure if I am applying it wrong or if I just need more time to get used to it but I am glad to see I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it depends on the day - sometimes it stings a little more than others. But I do feel like it's gotten much better for me than the first few days. I don't know why it's taking much longer for you Erin, I can only say that everyone is different. One thing I've found which may help you is, I think it hurts more when your pore are open. So if you apply it right after you wash your face, it hurts more than if you wait a few minutes. That's just me though but maybe you could give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It burns my lids and my eyes pretty badly still, and I have been using it for about 4 weeks now. I do think my lashes are a bit longer, but not darker. Will keep going and hope to have great results in two more weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...