Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sue Wong Halter Dress - Perfect Reception Dress!

Ok so in my quest to hunt for a suitable wedding dress, I think I actually found the perfect reception dress on Hautelook's Sue Wong sale yesterday!  I just hope it looks this cute in person!




The close up shots show the details very well:

I love the taffeta pedals on the shoulder tie straps! Very cute detail.


I think Sue Wong has some really cute dresses from what I've seen at department stores like Bloomingdales or Saks.  When the brand has been on these sale sites like Hautelook before, I've always missed out on it.  It's pretty popular and the good stuff always sells out very fast.  Oh, let me tell you how hard I tried to get this dress - I was at work, and happened to check my daily Hautelook notification email about 5-6 minutes after 8 am when the sale started.  When I came upon this dress, it was already "on hold" in all sizes.  So I literally opened up multiple tabs on my browser and went from one to the other, hitting the "F5" key to refresh hoping my size would drop out of someone's cart.  This went on for like 10 minutes straight and still nothing was coming out of people's carts!  So I got smart for a second and got onto the Hautelook app on my iPhone, all the while hitting the F5 key on my computer.  And voila!  I was able to add it to my cart and check out after a few tries on my phone!  Though my usual dress size is a 4 and I was only able to get a size 6.  But I figured it would be ok because I rather have it be too big and get taken in than too small and not able to zip up.  I think it would also not be bad being a little baggy.  We'll see.  About 15 minutes after I got the dress, it was sold out.  Phew.  Glad I was able to get mine!  Now I am impatiently awaiting its arrival.  I hope it looks just as cute and fits well on me!

I think it really will be a perfect wedding reception dress!  It's very feminine and ethereal, and it's fun and on the casual side too, which is perfect for me.  I also like the pinkish silverish tone in the fabric color.  Even if I end up not wearing it for some reason, it's still a good party dress to have in the closet and I can definitely wear it more than once.  Oh and it also doesn't hurt that I only paid $136 for it when the retail price is $339. 


8 comments:

  1. Eeee! I just bought a sue wong dress on hautelook too! I got the coal one that is strapless with lots of silver accents. Sooooo pretty! i love thise one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know exactly which one you are talking about because I thought about getting that one too! We have good taste. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! I love it. i agree it would make a great reception dress. reading your post on your dress hunt was exciting! I love weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm very non-traditional and I think it would be a beautiful outside summer wedding dress, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I hope it's as cute as it does on the pictures when it shows up.

    I briefly thought that it would work as a wedding dress too, but I still think I want a long dress. =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...