Tuesday, March 1, 2016

DVF Catherine Dress in Midnight Kiss!

I got another cute DVF dress!  It's the Catherine dress, and the pattern is the iconic DVF "midnight kiss".  I got this one on ebay as well, new for like $100!  I love it a lot.  Though it does fit kind of tight in my chest which is a problem I have with many brands and shirts/dresses.  Sigh.  But I can make it work.  I can sew some snap buttons on in between the buttons, and it should take care of the problem.





Here's what I'm referring to - the gap in between buttons at the chest area:



I got this dress in size 4, which is the same size as all my other DVF dresses.  I don't think a size up would even help with this issue, and would not fit as nicely elsewhere.  I really like how it fits in the waist and hips - it's super flattering!  

I really like the design of this dress.  



It comes with a removable tie that is this maroon colored lamb skin leather on one side and the same fabric as the dress on the other side.




The hem is slightly longer in the back than front, and is double layered as you can see:




There's actually 2 buttons that closes on the inside of the double layered hem, so that it doesn't get blown away by the wind, I guess.  The material on the bottom is a lighter, unlined silk, whereas the top is lined and therefore thicker.




Also 4 buttons on the sleeve:



So, I don't wear bold prints like this often, but I think the lips are not too obvious or loud in this dress.  I really really like this Catherine dress design!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...