Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Vest Dress

This is somewhat of a fashion experiment.  I got an email from Beyond the Rack saying that I somehow had $40 of credit from them.  I shopped from them years ago for a few times, but I was never really a big fan of the site.  Shipping was always sooooo slow, and I thought the items I got were kind of ghetto lol.  But I went on to look again because I wanted to get rid of my credit.  So I decided to get a vest dress instead.  It's not something I would normally wear, but hey it's free so why not take a little chance give it a shot!





It's actually ok, but it's really really REALLY short!  I could never wear it alone as a dress.  Here's a close up:



This belt is elastic, and it's pretty cheap looking:



So the belt goes on the outside on the back, and then loops to the inside on the front:


The chiffon "vest" part is attached to the dress on the shoulders:



Since the belt is pretty ugly, I tried the dress on without it.  It's not bad.



Then I tried it on with my Burberry belt and I think it looks much better:




Obviously I cannot wear this thing out as a dress, so I tried it on with skinny jeans.  I definitely like it better as a top rather than a dress:






So now I think I can work with this.  I don't think it's something that I can wear all the time.  But it's nice to switch up your style sometimes I think.  Will have to experiment more with this thing and figure out the best way to wear it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...