Friday, May 1, 2015

DvF Berlin Dress, Rag & Bone Top & Vince Sweater From Saks

I scored some cute things during the friends & family sale that Saks Fifth Avenue held last week!  It was 30% off everything, and many sale items were included.  I'm so excited because I finally got this Diane von Furstenberg Berlin Printed Sweater Dress in Cloud Wave!  I've liked it since the first moment I saw it when it first came out.  But I didn't feel like spending $398 on it.  I snatched it for just above $100 after the additional discount!




My only concern was that it was sold out in size S by the time I saw it, and I had to order the XS.  I was afraid that it would be too tight, since DvF sizing tends to run small.  But I read one of the reviews saying that this dress is a very loose fitting style, so I decided to give it a shot.  Well, turns out - it fits!  I do wish I had the size S to compare, especially since it would probably be slightly longer.  But the XS does not cling at all.  There's still room around the waist, and does not hug the hips too tight.  The material is wool, but it's not scratchy at all.  I walked around the house with it on, and it also did not ride up (one of the things I hate the most is having to pull down my skirt/dress throughout the day).  So, I think it's a keeper!




I think the print is so fun!  If it was longer, I would totally wear it to work.  But it's a great weight for LA.  We get pretty hot weather during the day, but it cools down significantly at night so a long sleeve dress is perfect for going out to dinner.







The second item I got is the Rag & Bone Jean Martine Thermal Jersey Tee.  It didn't qualify for the additional 30% off, but it was already on super sale anyway for only $54 (from $195)!  It is sold out at Saks already, but Shopbop has it here on sale as well.  This sweater actually looks much cuter on the Shopbop model than the Saks model.  




For some reason, this sweater reminds me of some of the Vince Camuto sweaters I've bought recently.  But oh well.  I love this style, and I really like the lines on the sleeve design of this sweater.  I got it in size S, and I'm glad it's a looser fit! 





When I look at this sweater up close, it's actually a very dense mesh.  So a tiny bit of the skin shows through each hole.  It's very hard to tell though, so it can still be worn without a tank under.







Lastly, I got the Vince Wool/Cashmere Ombre Sweater.  I love Vince and I love ombre, so Love^2 for this sweater lol.  It is on sale for $146 at Saks, which is pretty much as low as it gets for a Vince sweater.  They only have size M left though.  Bergdorf and Neiman Marcus have sizes S - L.  Bloomingdales has size XS still.  Maybe they will price match the Saks price.




I knew I had to get size XS with Vince, especially for an oversized fit.  But the XS is actually almost too loose!  It's super cozy on though, which immediately makes you not want to take it off lol.  





I think the ombre design in this sweater is so interesting!  I keep staring at it trying to figure out if its dyed, or they actually used different colored yarn.  


The lines become super thin at towards the bottom!  Seems like a lot of work to make this sweater.  Maybe that's why it retailed for $365 hahaha.





I actually ordered this Parker lace bodycon dress as well, but I hate it so much that I immediately stuffed it back into the box for return... lol!  It looks cute on the model, but not so much on me.  Oh well.

But everything else is a pretty good score though!  I'm very happy with the items as well as the prices!  Although I should really stop buying sweaters.  Been on a sweater binge lately, but it is 90 degrees out so I really don't need anymore!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...