Friday, December 26, 2014

My Last Express Order... and Belated Christmas Wishes!

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone!  I feel like it really snuck up on me this year.  I never even really got into the holiday mindset.  I also couldn't really go anywhere since I took last week off work for NOLA, and I had to work today so the only day I had off was yesterday for the actual Christmas day.  Since it was Thursday, I basically had to stay around here.  My bf and I spent Christmas Eve at his CIO's house, which was really fun.  But we didn't really do much yesterday other than watching a True Detective marathon (good show!).  I haven't really  gotten a present yet though.  I realize that I'm a hard person to shop for since I usually just buy myself everything I want.  I felt bad for my bf so I told him to just give me his credit card and let me buy stuff for myself lol.  He was more than happy to oblige of course, cuz he hates shopping anyways.  So I ordered myself some boots from Nordstrom, but apparently the ordered was canceled without notification!  When I contacted them, they said oops the pair was damaged so we couldn't ship them out and now they are all sold out.  Thanks a lot Nordstrom!

So I'm mad at Nordstorm for a while.  My bf did get me a bottle of St. Germain though so I could have something to open lol.  It's kind of funny because I tell him every time we are at a bar or restaurant: order any drink with St. Germain as one of the ingredients in it and it's guaranteed to be a good drink (a trend I've noticed based purely on personal experiences in the past).  It actually works out every time!  But the funny thing is, I never even really knew what St. Germain tasted like on its own.  In fact, it wasn't even that long ago when I first saw what the bottled looked like.  So I thought it was funny/cute to get this bottle as a present.  I took a few sips of it on its own and it actually isn't bad, though a little too sweet.  I have to find some drink recipes I can make with it!  I'm excited!

Next topic... I wanted to write about my latest order from Express because I was excited about it.  But I'm sad that both items I ordered are no good.  I got this Exploded Mesh Inset Midi Dress that Kate Upton wore in one of her Express campaign photos.  It had good reviews and looked great on her as well as the model.  Sadly it didn't work for me!




I usually struggle between ordering size S or XS at Express.  You just never know.  But the reviews for this dress all said to size down.  So I got it in XS.  But I found it to be so tight!  But what really bothered me was how cheap the fabric looked and felt.  It bunched up really badly on the sides starting from the hips down.  The fabric also kept riding up as I took a few steps while wearing the dress around.  I didn't even consider keeping this dress for a minute.


Too bad, the idea was cute... I do like the mesh:



The second item I got was this sweater jacket that is called the Plaited Cropped Back Wool Blend Cover-Up.  It looks like a great piece to wear at work, which can be paired with anything.



I got it in XS as well.  I didn't realize that it was going to be so short on me!  It looks like a half jacket.  I can't imagine a size up would be much longer.  So I'm not even interested in exchanging.


I thought the front was short... the back is even shorter:


Another item that could have been great!  I really like wearing blazers/jackets made out of comfy knit material to work.  It's like cheating.  This one is lightweight, which would have been perfect for the weather here.


Oh well!  Better luck next time I guess.






Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am glad you posted a review on that jacket! I have been eyeing it here and there. It looks comfy and easy to throw on for dressy or casual stuff, but what a bummer that it's so much shorter than it looks on the model! (I usually have the opposite problem!) Hope you're having a great holiday season!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...