Friday, February 1, 2013

Lululemon Practice Freely Tank Mellow Lemon/Burning Yellow

After a long hiatus from Lululemon, I finally bought the new Practice Freely tank in mellow lemon/burning yellow, and I love it!  I haven't been purposefully taking a hiatus, but I just haven't liked anything for the past few months.  So sad.  I used to spend hundreds of dollars every month at Lululemon, but lately the stuff haven't perked my interests at all.  Ok provided I have a huge Lulu wardrobe now and I am probably more picky than before.

Anyway, I have 2 Practice Freely tanks in heathered paris pink and lavender dusk.  I wear both of them all the time, because I love the style and the material.  Luon sheer jersey is seriously my favorite material that Lululemon uses and I have many tanks made of it.  For me, this tank is very versatile and I can wear it to any physical activities... seriously, from yoga and pilates to running or boxing!  And it's nice a loose fitting for the days that I feel bloaty, and yet it does not look baggy.  I just love it!

I hadn't seen either of the colors in this tank in person, and I was surprised when I received it that the burning yellow bra portion was so much darker than the body.  I think online it shows the two colors as much more similar than in person... at least on my monitor.




I think I really like mellow lemon and wouldn't mind another item in this color.  Though I would like to see it in another material as well.  It's a sunny yellow color that just makes you happy looking at it.  Burning yellow I think is a bit too dark for my liking and I wouldn't want it covering a large area.  In a bra, I don't mind it at all.  

So same as my other 2 Practice Freely tanks, I sized up to a size 6 in this one.  I tried on my normal size 4 in this tank before, and thought 6 fit better in the back.  4 was a little bit tight and didn't drape as well as the 6, so I went with 6.  This one fits exactly the same as my other 2.  I'm pretty happy with this!  Will wear it to a workout this weekend.  =)

17 comments:

  1. Do you find this version of the practice freely to be more sheer than the first release?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are about the same, but the color in this one is so light that it appears more sheer and see-through.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the feedback; it looks great on you!

      Delete

  2. Does this tank provide good support? It looks so cute but I would worry that I would need to wear a bra underneath. I like the mellow yellow color. So pretty against tan skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on how big your chest is... for me it is enough support to even run in (I'm 34B). But I would not describe this tank as a high support tank... I am in love with the new color!

      Delete
  3. Have you tried on the new Ebbs and Flows Crop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried them on... I already have 3 pairs, and I'm not interested in the longer length they are now.

      Delete
  4. Would you buy the new Ebb Flow crops ii? It looks good on and is comfy -- just that it is more sheer and definitely not good for downward dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more sheer than the last batch? I don't like the longer length so I won't buy the new ones. I love the old ones and think the length was perfect. But they are sheer indeed... I still wear them to yoga anyways though lol.

      Delete
  5. With the new ones, you can see the white tag. And depending on color of your underwear, you can see that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you find the newer version of the practice freely covers more? I have a paris pink pf.. but i'm not very comfortable in it... i'm a bit chesty.. .so i was hoping this version has a little more coverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... I think this version fits exactly the same as last year's... Sorry =(

      Delete
    2. Darn!!! I was really hoping for a little more coverage in the bra portion. :( Thanks for letting me know though! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...