Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Trina Turk 'Fuego' Sequined Halter Dress

I first saw this gorgeous Trina Turk 'Fuego' Sequined Halter Dress from Nordstrom and fell in love with it (I think it was from the bridal section, but whatevs), but they did not have my size.  So a little bit of googling led me to the same dress on 6pm.com for pretty much the same price - $129, no taxes, and free shipping.  So I bought it!  Shipping was super fast, I got it about 2 days later.



I don't know if I can pull of all over sequined dresses to many occasions, but for some reason it just looks a lot more subtle in white.  I would have ordered it in a size 4, but it was sold out, so I settled for size 6.  It's not bad actually, a little bit loose fitting which is the style anyway.  But I found it to be too long, so I actually took it to get hemmed about 2.5 inches shorter.  It costed me 45 bucks... wtf?!  Well, they had to alter 2 layers since there is an inner lining.  And the outer sequined layer has some kind of mesh taping on the inside of the hem, which I guess took some work.  So this dress ended up costing me $174, which is quite pricey for something I probably won't wear that often.  Oh well... I guess I decided to treat myself a little.  I do really like it though.

It actually pairs nicely with my Urban Behavior cropped tuxedo jacket.  I like the classy look - you really can't go wrong with black and white (and light pink shoes :)).



I almost wore it to my birthday party this past Saturday night, but my friends vetoed it in favor of my black Josh Brody dress.  They said that 1. black outfit would look better with red streaks in my hair, which I agree.  And 2. this dress is more of a summer casual dress comparatively - this point I didn't quite agree with.  It doesn't look all that casual to me, maybe other than the halter tie neck style, but it's got sequins all over! Oh well, majority rules, so I did not wear it.  I must find another occasion!

I thought it looked very cute on the model from Nordstrom, but not as good on the 6pm model.  But you can see from both stock photos the length on them.  Keep in mind the models are probably a few inches taller than my 5'5 frame!  I'm glad I got it hemmed shorter even though it almost costed my right arm - more fun!

From Nordstrom:




From 6pm:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...