Thursday, January 19, 2012

Professional Garment Steamer from Sharper Image

I got this Professional Garment Steamer from Sharper Image as one of my wedding gifts.  It had been sitting in the corner of my room unopened for months!  But I finally decided to take it out and try it on the Calvin Klein dress I just bought.



First reaction was how easy it was to assemble it!  It came in many parts out of the box, but very very easy to put together.  There's also a colorful pictorial instruction so you really can't mess it up.  The part that holds water is really big, so you can fill it up and it's supposed to last over an hour!

I've never owned a garment steamer before and for some reason didn't have high expectations for it.  But I was amazed at how fast the hot steam started coming out (maybe like 10 seconds?) and it pretty much took the wrinkles out of my dress right away!  It was almost like magic.  Wow, where have you been all my life???  Everybody needs to own one of these!

I should have taken a before and after picture of my dress.  It took all the wrinkles out!  This thing is a dream for people who order online a lot.  I was so excited that I started steaming everything that needed steaming.  It worked really well on thinner material like silk and thin cotton.  But took longer on thicker material, which I would expect even with an iron.  So I think this steamer will replace an iron like 95% of the time.  But it's so much easier and more fun to use!  I hate breaking out ironing boards.  So I almost never do it.  But the steamer is so easy because all you have to do is plug it in and press the "on" button. 

It's also very easy to break down and store.  The pole thingy is collapsible.  And the hanger folds into itself.  So you can tuck it in any corner of the closet.  Since I've never had another steamer before, I cannot compare it to anything else.  All I know is that it works very well for my needs, and I wish I had got it (or at least opened the damn box) earlier!

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm not motivated to do sports. How do motivated yourself when brought you not want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't think I understand your question. Do you mean how do I get motivated to workout when I don't feel like it? The truth is I bring my workout gear with me and the gym is right by the train station I get out of on my way home. So I really have no excuse. I always feel better after I workout but many many times I do not feel like going at all =)

      Delete
  2. It's important to keep your program step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing this, i think i will buy one of these for myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...