Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Funny Complaint I Got Today & My Latest Ideeli Order

I opened my laptop today to write about my latest ideeli purchase, but I got a comment for an old old post about Ikea.  In the post I wrote that I had bought these panel curtains from Ikea, but I had not yet put them up so I had no picture to show.  Therefore, I searched the internet for a picture of them and came upon one which I used.  I stated it was not my picture in the post.  The funny thing about that is I distinctly remember thinking to myself at the time, "Gosh the wall color of this picture is really ugly, I wish I could find another one."  But I either couldn't find another picture or couldn't be bothered to, so I used it anyway.  Apparently, the owner of this picture somehow found this post, and she is asking me to remove the picture saying it is her copyrighted photo.  It's just really funny because it's not an artsy picture by any stretch of the imagination.  It is a picture, of someone's curtains!  It is hardly something to get bent out of shape over. I don't want to repost her masterpiece here, so you'll have to click the link above to see it.  Maybe she's embarrassed  about the color of her walls? Some people are just so ridiculously uptight. Like, really??? LOL! But with that said, I will remove it later and take one of my own, it will look better anyways.  Just thought I'd share my eye-rolling moment!

Anyway!  So a couple weeks ago I decided to spend my ideeli credit on some dresses.  I ended up buying 2, and received them today.  But I think one is definitely going back.  This Ravon Long Transformer Dress is a keeper though.



I don't know why I'm buying summer dresses in the winter.  But I like the look of long dresses.  This one can be worn in many different ways I guess.  But I need to look up how to wear it because so far I only figured out how to wear it as a halter or one shoulder.  I like this print though, and the fit of the dress is pretty good.  It's definitely long and I would have to wear heels with it.  But I think it will be a great summer outfit to like hang out, BBQ or go shopping, to the beach, something like that.  

But the second dress I got, the Tiziana Cervasio Color Block Sweater Dress, is going back.  The material is way too scratchy.  I don't know why I've been having issues with online orders being scratchy lately.  But there's no way I can wear this dress, so uncomfortable.  The fit is not that cute anyways, and it's ultra short.  Like barely covering the bum short.  So I'll return it and swap for something else later!



8 comments:

  1. About the photo; that's hilarious and ridiculous. Her photos aren't copyrighted. What does she want, payment for using her crappy curtain pic? This reminds me of http://www.regretsy.com/butthurt/ . If you're not familiar with Regretsy, it's a hilarious site that pokes fun at some of the crafts on Etsy. People always write in a complain that the images she uses are "copyrighted" and that their lawyer will be contacting her .. . .yeah, right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When pictures and information are open to the public it's their own fault if people use them! What's the difference between someone viewing her picture on Flickr verses on another site.. It's still available to the public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically, the lady complaining is right - even if she posted them online for everyone to see. Any picture you take is copyrighted by you, and if you find pics on the web, you must get permission to use them unless they are on a website that allows for free use or the owner of the picture allows for free use. (I'm a lawyer and deal a lot with intellectual property rights). That being said, sheesh, she needs to get a life! It's not like she or anyone else is going to be making money off of that picture. I would be embarrassed to claim ownership of that wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I went to look at that post it suggested I read this one:
    http://mysuperficialendeavors.blogspot.com/2010/12/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things-in.html

    I really hope you do a similar post for 2011! Maybe with non-clothing items too (cosmetics, shoes).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha.. I have not heard of regretsy before, but that is funny! I don't think she wants money, because like Anon 2:37 said, there is no way anyone is making money off of that pic. She should be flattered that someone used her pic... what good does it do sitting in her Flickr account? LOL! She probably just feels that I violated her intellectual rights since I did not ask her if I could use it. But come on, who would do that? I guess technically I violate intellectual rights everyday by posting screen shots of all these pictures from different retailers! What I would like to know is how she found my post. Does she google image search her own pictures all day?

    @Anon 5:11 - It's definitely in the plan to do a similar post for 2011! I will probably do it around mid or late December. And yes will incorporate anything and everything that is worth mentioning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress! I like the 2nd photo i love the girl and i like it because she is pretty and the dress fit for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the first dress on ideeli today and wanted to get it. But I'm only 5'2"...do you think it's gonna be too long even if I wear heels? :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm it might be a couple inches too long. I'm 5'5 and with my highest heels on they are still a bit long. But it's prob really easy and cheap to get it altered though. Or cut it yourself lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...