Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gilt Noir

Has anyone ever heard of Gilt Noir?  I had not until I got an email today from Gilt saying that I have been upgraded to their Noir membership.  After a little googling, I found out that they very quietly launched this about 2 years ago to the top 0.01% of customers.  One of the criteria for the people who were considered was that they had to have spent at least $10,000 a year on Gilt.  It's really the "exclusive" club because you can't just sign up, you have to be chosen.  Noir members can preview all the sales before they actually start.  There are exclusive sales only available to Noir members, top priority for wait list, and other events.  Ah ha!  I always wondered why it seems many items sell out within seconds of the start of a sale.  Now I know why!  I actually paid more attention today during my preview of a sale, and noticed that one thing was already sold out!  Ok I know Noir members can only preview but not buy anything before sale starts, so there must be another super duper exclusive club where members can starts shopping early???  Hmmmmm..... I guess it only means that it will be harder and harder to buy stuff on Gilt, I've noticed that you really have to act fastest with Gilt among all the flash sale sites.

Anyway, here's what my email said:



And now when I log on, this is what it looks like:



I have no idea what I did to get selected for this, because I really don't order from Gilt all that much $ wise.  Definitely nowhere close to 10 grand a year, although it sounds like they have loosened their "requirement" to now invite 1% of their members instead of 0.01%.  Lol.  I do order from Gilt maybe about once a month average, but I also return lots of stuff.  The 2 things I can think of that might have served in my advantage are 1. I've been a member since 2009, and 2. I have a good number of referrals who also have purchased from Gilt.  So maybe I should just count myself lucky!  It definitely makes shopping easier when you can decide what you want before the sales start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...