Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Latest in Beauty Products

I haven't done this in a while, but I've been trying some new beauty products lately that I'd like to share!  The first item that I've been liking a lot is actually a surprise to me, because it's a lip gloss.  I never like lip glosses!  I rarely use anything on my lips since I hate the feeling of having something there and not being able to eat or drink freely lol.  But this one has me using it regularly ever since I got it!  It is the Shu Uemura Laque Supreme.




The color I got is called pink tutu 03 and it is on sale from $30 to $22.5.  That's the only reason I gave it a shot hahaha.  This color turned out to be super close to my actual lip color.  So it's like wearing nude shoes for the lips... hahaha.  Here it is on their model, but I feel like it's not as pink on me:



Anyway, I really like how natural it looks.  Although it is quite glossy.  But I can wear it to work with no problems.  I think the thing I like most about this product is that it stays shiny for as long as it is on your lips, and it keeps the lips hydrated.  I think I'll try it out in brighter colors in the future.  

The second item I got I actually didn't even buy.  I bought some false lashes (Shu's Smoky Layers lashes are the BEST hands down!!), but they sent me this Eyebrow Manicure instead!




Here's the close up of the brush head which is dual sided:



So one side of the brush head has shorter and flatter bristles, and the other side is longer and curves.  I'm not really sure what the difference is or when to use which side though lol. At first I didn't really care for this product, because I've been happily married to my Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel for years.  But then I started using it more and it's growing on me every time!  First of all, the color they sent me is "ash brown" so it is lighter than the dark brown Anastasia color I use.  For some reason the first couple times of use, it felt like the brush was not getting any products on it.  So I'd brush it on my eyebrows and barely notice a difference.  I thought they sent me an empty tube lol.  But then it loosened up or something after a couple uses because now there definitely is product when I use it.  The color turns out to be a very natural match for me as well.  Also, the "gel" effect is more noticeable than the Anastasia brow tint, so it keeps the eyebrows in place better.  Would I order it again though?  I'm not sure if I'm ready to abandon Anastasia yet!

Next, I've been using the Clarisonic cashmere brush head!  I wanted to order the regular one, but they were sold out at Sephora so I settled on this cashmere head.  The first time of using it, I thought I was in heaven.  It feels sooooo nice and luxe!  I can't even describe it.  It is like twice as long as the regular head, but it's 100 times softer.  So soft that I feel like I can even use it over my eyes.  I really like the way this brush head feels.  But I'm not sure if it cleans better than the regular head.  Probably not.  But it's definitely better for more sensitive skin, since it's so gentle.



Lastly, I got a deluxe sample of this Korean product called Erborian Yuza Double Lotion.  



It's called "lotion", but it's actually a liquid product.  It feels more like a toner than a lotion.  This is one product I'm not sure about.  It's supposed to make your skin look more radiant and hydrated.  But I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I have not noticed any difference in my skin.  The product is like 1/4 gone, so I don't think I'll buy the full size, especially for $36.  Not worth it for me!  
And that concludes my recent beauty product adventures!  I'm always trying out new things, so I'll report back some time later with new ones!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...