Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Whites!

Despite it being quite impractical sometimes, I actually really like wearing white.  Especially white bottoms!  They just make an outfit look so clean and fresh.  I've been wanting to find a white skirt for work for a while.  It's a bit tricky, because you don't want it to be too sexy looking which whites tend to do.  I also didn't want a material that is too thin or would wrinkle easily either.

I bought the Catherine Malandrino Collet skirt on ideeli last week which I thought might be just what I'm looking for.  The picture on ideeli wasn't very good, so I couldn't really see what the material was like.  I received it a couple days ago, and while I do like it, I'm not sure if it's exactly work appropriate!  It's a stretchy knit material and pull on style, which makes it quite casual.  The plus side is that it is lined, the length is perfect, and the fit is not tight on my butt.  So I might be able to get away with wearing it to work if I wear a longer top with it, like this:




It's also really comfortable!  I got it in size small.  It's currently being sold for only $48 on lastcall.com!  They have the white one in size small only though.  But there is also a black one that is a full size run.  I think this skirt in black would be really nice too, and definitely more appropriate for work.  I might actually consider getting it as well!  I could always wear this white one casually, so I'm definitely keeping it.





I also got this W118 By Walter Baker Wanda jacket.  I wasn't 100% sure if I would like this style, but I like how they styled it on the model:






I got this jacket in size S as well.  I think it fits nicely!  I got it mainly for work too.  I don't like wearing suit jackets for work because they are so uncomfortable to sit in all day.  Stretchy jackets like this one are much better.  But I saw that it is now on sale at The Outnet and they styled it with skinny jeans - it looks cute too!  So maybe I can wear this casually as well.




Here's the size S on me:





This jacket looks white in the photos, but it is actually ivory or off white:  





I think this jacket can pair with many different bottoms.  I will have to play with things in my closet!  So fun!  =)




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...