Friday, May 27, 2011

Splendid Navy Cardigan

I saw Splendid wraps and cardigans on Ruelala last week and I knew I had to grab one quick since they always sell out so fast.  I have many cardigans and wraps, but I use them a lot for work nowadays when I don't feel like wearing a suit jacket.  Especially now that summer is coming, I just want to chill in comfortable clothing at work.  I like cardigans since I can wear whatever tanks I want underneath - usually I wear my Lululemon Cool Racerback tanks because I love having great colors paired with my boring dark pants and cardigans.  So, I guess I can use a couple more cardigans in my rotation.  I usually don't like the long ones, such as the knit ones Lululemon has.  But I thought the Splendid one was a good length.  And navy is also a color I don't have yet.



I just received it today, and I love how soft it is!!  It's made of cotton and modal, in the USA might I add.  It's seriously the most comfortable wrap ever!  I put it on right out of the box and have not been able to take it off.  I can see that it will become a popular item in my closet!  I will be the most comfortable worker bee on the trading floor.

It's a very simple and plain look, with no closures in the front.  I got it in a size small and it fits pretty well.  The best part is that I only paid $24 for it after shipping!  The same exact wrap is at Bloomingdale's right now for regular price of $64.  So I feel smart.  Lol.  But $64 is actually a pretty decent price for it.  That's like half the price of the Lululemon ones I was looking at a little while ago.  I think $64 is around the most I would pay for a wrap, so I feel that it's priced correctly, being made in the USA and all.

Anyway, I hope Splendid comes back to one of these sites soon because I wouldn't mind picking up a few more things.  I've seen it on Ruelala a couple times before and I think Gilt once or twice as well.  Usually only shirts and other knits though, not wraps.  This time I was surprised they had like 5 different styles of wraps on sale.  So maybe we'll see more in the future.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, fellow Lulu lover here from Australia. Imagine my surprise when I found out you are doing your CFA exams, it's like a match made in heaven :) I'm doing the Level I exam in a couple of days with zero prep (bad idea I know, I've already made up my mind to do it in Dec and am going to use this time to sight the exam paper to gauge the level of difficulty) Anyway, I'm eyeing the Swifty tank too and would like to know the tightness of the midsection for the Swifty vs the CRB? It looks like it's a little tighter on you and the CRBs are already quite tight around the stomach. The material looks lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon! Haha that's crazy you are taking the test with no prep!! How great would it be if you actually pass it though! Good luck!

    I think the Swiftly fits about the same as the cool racerback tank in the mid section... hmm maybe a tiny bit tighter. But mainly because the material is so thin, it shows everything, whereas the cool racerback material hides some imperfections. So that's always something to consider. If I feel really bloated one day, I definitely will not go for the swiftly tank! But yes, the material is great for a sweaty workout!

    Btw, I love and miss Australia! I lived in Melbourne for about a year, and it was great! I can't wait to go back one day...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...